SAU Community

What Rev Limit For Built Rb25det

Hi guys.

i have just installed my new poncams into my s1 r33 gtst, and i was wondering what is a safe rev limit i should set the motor at?

its running acl race pistons and eagle h beam rods with arp studs thru out.

im running a n1 oil pump with jun collar, and all balanced etc

the car has a gt3540r-iw and also is a auto.

what are peoples thoughts on a safe limit?

before cams 317kws and rev limit set at 7300rpm

cheers

Darren

so is 8000 a reliable setting for longevity?

and yea i was thinking of adjusting to suit the power curve. where does that normally drop off with poncams in a 25?

mate

on a hydralic lifter varies

put it onto the dyno and see where your power drops out

but dont rev it over 8500

if you want the lifters to last longer rev no more then 8000

if you run solid lifters

9500 rpm

^^ as above.

I ran 8200 for that reason. My head was in brilliant order, so it was very fresh. Hence i got away with it all on the stock gear.

Some gus get valve float and lifters not so happy etc. Others dont.

Its really dependant on the condition of your head and how much buggery you give it over how long.

I run to 7800 rpm

Stock engine, stock heads, Poncams B

GCG highflow.

Power is 240rwkw from 6500 to 7500 then the power slows off. Peaks at 250.

sorry to use ur thread dangerman4 but dont want to double up, i just got my power fc last night and the rev limit was set a 6900rpm, im assuming thats too low reading all the posts, i just didnt want to raise it as its just stock internals atm. So if i raise to 7800rpm should be good??

sorry to use ur thread dangerman4 but dont want to double up, i just got my power fc last night and the rev limit was set a 6900rpm, im assuming thats too low reading all the posts, i just didnt want to raise it as its just stock internals atm. So if i raise to 7800rpm should be good??

I would be doing that first high rev on a dyno for safety sake. I'm at 7500. Maybe I should raise it. I think my power would drop off though. Turbo out of puff I think.

Our Track 25 runs to 8500 on a totally stock head.We had a sponsors day today and this car ran all day long at 8500 and this head has done 5 years track duty even winning the state title a few years ago.

This year is the first season it had forged pistons and eagle rods,ran all those other years on a totally stock import 25 even the season it won the championship.Now has Eagle rods,Arias pistons,N1 pumps,Tomei head gasket with Wolf ECU.Who said 25s are no good.