SAU Community

Why Are R32 Gtst's So Overpriced?

as title says, why are gtst r32's that expensive?

i've been looking around on carsales, autotrader, etc and for one in decent condition you're looking at about 12grand.

i mean sure you get good performance, reliability(?) etc but at the end of the day you're still getting a 13+ year old import with 100,000ks+ and a fairly old engine, interior etc.

their prices are about the same as r33 gtst's :D

don't get me wrong i love r32's but they are overpriced aren't they? i think they should be in the same price bracket as s13's. coz these days you can get a 180sx with the sr20det and in decent condition for around 8-9grand.....

hmmmmmmm

The 32 gtst is a very similar car to the s13 silvia/180sx but if you've driven both you'll soon realise the build quality is different between the 2...the 32 feels alot more sturdy...12k for a 32 is alittle high but for a clean example with some mods its definitely worth considering...

The 32 gtst is a very similar car to the s13 silvia/180sx but if you've driven both you'll soon realise the build quality is different between the 2...the 32 feels alot more sturdy...12k for a 32 is alittle high but for a clean example with some mods its definitely worth considering...

Its as simple as this... skylines were the premium sports car offered by Nissan.

S13's and 180sx's were aimed at an economy market with a sports car twist.

Quality of the cars is a different league. Just look at the interior and you can see that, but thats not where it stops.

I've owned both... a 300rwkw 180sx and a 380rwkw R32... and I wouldnt piss on an S13 if it was on fire after driving my 32, and I used to HATE skylines coz every man and his dog had one.... but now I can see why :D coz they shit on the spastic plastic cheap ass S13/180sx thats why.

I'll happily pay an extra 3K for the quality and experience of driving a skyline.

There is a difference between a good example of an r32 (92 or 93 model) going for $12-13k and a crap 93 R33 GTS25T selling for the same price.

I paid almost $17k for my r32 gtst 3 years ago, more than some r33's back then, and i still think i got a bargain. After almost 100,000kms of me driving it, not a single thing has broken/gone wrong etc.

And its an r32, they are better than r33's anyway.

I don't know about that nigno.

The Silvia/180 was a dedicated sports car. Whereas the skyline is more of a family car with a sporty twist.

I do believe though the the skylines seem to be a bit better screwed together than the S13 - 15

And its an r32, they are better than r33's anyway.

That is JUST your opinion, Car manufacturers dont tend to downgrade there vehicles with a newer UPGRADED model. dont start either with rubbish about weight etc as it has been covered countless times.

I don't think they are overpriced. I look at it this way.

Let's say you are paying $12,000. What else can you buy that has the same power, handling, modification potential and appeal.

An S13, An rx7 series 4, liberty/legacy, GT4... and a few others.

The skyline has a nice set of features and arguably has the best interior and sleek lines.

All these cars are getting old. It's just the way it is in the 90's the japanese made a great number of performance cars for us to pick and choose.

Really 12 grand is not a lot to spend on something that's going to give you so much pleasure :P

I still think you get a lot of car for 12 grand with a skyline. it's my pick of the bunch.

12k for a 32? if its good condition, thats a fair price imo. full electrics,climate control, plenty of power, moding abilities...

i got mine for $12700, and i belive i got a bargain, came with lots of goodies...

apexi suspension,

nismo exhaust,

autometer boost guage,

adjustble caster rods,

gtr front bar, type m kit.

interior is immaculate (no bubbled dash)

great condition engine and great paint

92 model, 108,000 ks.

so i was more than happy to pay almost 13k for it.

if i was lookin for a 32 now, id easily pay 13,500 for a really clean example.

its the shit boxes u see on carsales that should be 10k and less.

Edited by 32line

don't get me wrong i love r32's ...

Thats the reason they seem to hold their value. The owners typically want to own one, and often are not a stepping stone to the car they really want but cant afford. I have had my R32 for about 7 years now and i cant really think of a nother car that i would prefer that isnt 70k.

They are good cars that take a beating and if you spend a bit of money on them they can be damn quick and fun to punt hard. :(

Its like sayign 68 Camaros are overpriced as they are more expensive then the 70s Camaros. They are a second hand car so their price is dictated by the market. People seem happy to pay 12-14k for good examples. I wouldnt sell mine for less then 22k so i guess i wont ever sell my car :)

...and someonestolecc, you have never enjoyed RB20 goodness. The can go pretty hard if you put a decent turbo on them :)

i think there set at an OK price..

i payed 15K for mine six month ago with only slight mods and less than 60k on the clock. At first i thought it was expensive after looking around but after i compared the price to many other cars i soon changed my mind..

anyhow have you ever thought that rather than 32's being expensive, 33's are maybe just cheaper than they should be :(

anyhow have you ever thought that rather than 32's being expensive, 33's are maybe just cheaper than they should be :)

lol i never thought of it that way... :)

but yeah they're definately holding their value better than r33's.

probably as someonestolecc said "demand" is the keyword here hehe

ps. i still think they're overpriced :(

i guess i'll always think that of em unless i get 1 and see why...... :)

R32 GTSt's and R33 GTSt's go for different prices in japan... as you'd expect them to... however when you're at the barrel bottom scraping end of the market (around 10k landed and complied) the initial purchase price does SFA to the overall cost as the cost of shipping, compliance, taxes and duty far outweigh the original cost of the car. This means that even if you were given a car for FREE in japan, it'd cost you about 8k to have it landed n complied.