SAU Community

Space Saver Tyres

So i scored myself a screw in my semi's lastnite.

and went to put on my space saver. which leads to a shit sound and slight jerky driving. i take it off after about 10km to next servo where i buy that foam crap. which in the end doesnt work too well as i have more problem than just a screw, i couldnt put space saver on front as i thought it would cause similar problem to front diff

question bieng would have i scored any damage to diff? i thought it would be better to f**k a rear diff than the front. if it was to happen!

isnt it better to slap it on the rear of a 4wd car rather than the front?

One of the guys in Adelaide i think shagged a front diff doing this...

thats what i did. put it on the rear.

tho now thinking about it all.

i probably could have put it on the front and removed the fuse for the attessa system

yes, that is what I would do. but in reality it's never going to be good no matter where you put it.

that foam shit is a very bad idea. it can clog and destroy your valve, and it can be a bitch to clean off everything. and to top it off it doesn't always work.

i don't think you would have busted the diff by just driving 10 km. I'd imagine that since you noticed it driving weird, you would have been going slow? If so, the diff would probably be ok (since it tries to match speeds of the wheels, if 1 wheel is going 30km/h, and the other is going 29, that's not as bad as one going 150 and the other going 130).