SAU Community

Allstar Tuning

riceline

Nah mate, Grey 32 GTR, c/f bonnet (reason for defect). Hasn't been running properly for quite a while now, should be back on the road soon though. I've got to give him a call today actually.

is it still there? was there today and he had a couple of GTR's in there.. 1 had a CF bonnet.. other one was greay with white wheels...

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 months later...
Yeah Known Richard for a long time now & he will not stuff you around, Good Pricing & a straight shooter will say what your car needs straight off... :sorcerer:

ALL STAR TUNING ON THE WEB

He may a good tuner but he sure as hell is not a straight shooter . I have since had it retuned in 4 hours what he could not do in 3 days. Not a good experience played me like a fiddle.

Went to Matty Spry today for a Dyno tune and got only 169.6kw, he wasn't happy with the result and directed me to AllStar to get new spark plugs.

So 169.6kw with no boost controller was the result with these mods running BP Ultimate

Apexi PFC

Hybrid FMIC

Apexi Airpod

Cat Back

Well he sorted out my car in 2 hours when numerous works shops could not in 6 hours or more!

Lucky for you mate . He is a sleazebag in my book. Any way there are quite a few other better honest tuners out there that do the right thing.

Heres what he did to me

1/ Did not mention his dyno was non existent

2/ I Brought it in at 8am said it would be ready in the afternoon .

3/ Rang me in afternoon saying its not ready and needs cold cranking setup in morning so needs it overnight

This is complete crap as a new out of box power FC for an r33 gtr is fine (found this out later)

4/ He was driving it to someone elses dyno gods knows where and probably driving it home everynight. (+300km odometer)

5/ Did this for 2 more days until I pulled the plug on it.

6/ Returned the car to me with original boost setting actually slightly lower. I told him to tune it @1 bar

He obviously already tuned it to that and either wound it down again or saved a dat file for the simple reason I wanted the car back and he wanted it again for another night

so got shitty Talk about rub your nose in it .

7/ At the time he said to bring it back to finish it off and me being a bit naive at times nodded and a day later realised he was playing me like a fiddle .

8/ The Map sensor and piping were incorrectly fitted that could have resulted in overboost. Sloppy workmanship.

9/ I am a fairly laid back person until someone fks me over and he sure did that.

10/ My car is mint (Auction grade 4.5A) very low K's

11 / Will go over entire car checking serial numbers etc against my records to see if anything has been swapped .

12/ Will never leave my sight again

So mate Theres my Fkn experience with ALLSTAR TUNING

So Why????????????? did I cop that.

He got to drive a nice car and pick up over 600 coins in the process

This isn't over.

I have since found a much better tuner who did it in a few hours as I reset the PFC back to datum.

Eh every buisiness has panic times.

They were awesome at our official dyno day.

So it's ok to rip people of when your business is in panic times.

you do not make sense flexy1

• 9 months later...
Lucky for you mate . He is a sleazebag in my book. Any way there are quite a few other better honest tuners out there that do the right thing.

Heres what he did to me

1/ Did not mention his dyno was non existent

2/ I Brought it in at 8am said it would be ready in the afternoon .

3/ Rang me in afternoon saying its not ready and needs cold cranking setup in morning so needs it overnight

This is complete crap as a new out of box power FC for an r33 gtr is fine (found this out later)

4/ He was driving it to someone elses dyno gods knows where and probably driving it home everynight. (+300km odometer)

5/ Did this for 2 more days until I pulled the plug on it.

6/ Returned the car to me with original boost setting actually slightly lower. I told him to tune it @1 bar

He obviously already tuned it to that and either wound it down again or saved a dat file for the simple reason I wanted the car back and he wanted it again for another night

so got shitty Talk about rub your nose in it .

7/ At the time he said to bring it back to finish it off and me being a bit naive at times nodded and a day later realised he was playing me like a fiddle .

8/ The Map sensor and piping were incorrectly fitted that could have resulted in overboost. Sloppy workmanship.

9/ I am a fairly laid back person until someone fks me over and he sure did that.

10/ My car is mint (Auction grade 4.5A) very low K's

11 / Will go over entire car checking serial numbers etc against my records to see if anything has been swapped .

12/ Will never leave my sight again

So mate Theres my Fkn experience with ALLSTAR TUNING

So Why????????????? did I cop that.

He got to drive a nice car and pick up over 600 coins in the process

This isn't over.

I have since found a much better tuner who did it in a few hours as I reset the PFC back to datum.

Well i have the same sort of deal with them too, nothing here is made up all personal experience.

Dropped car off to get ecu wired into ignition (20 min job) the rest was done, some other random work and a dyno tune, i had brand new plugs in there but for some reason they wanted to put new ones in (not calling me either) and did the same with leads, so after 3 weeks for a 2 day job i have a $1500 bill and a dyno print out for 94rwkw, they could not pinpoint a miss with the coil packs i had said it was a unservicable ignition problem (cost me $70 for new coil packs)

Plus the fact my cam timing was out and i mentioned this to him and his reply was "Well it seems to run alright where it is" (Was 2 teeth out (SOHC)) + Many many more little thing but i wont go into it

At the end of the day i went to a place closer to me after i replaced this coil & ran some new wires and 94rwkw went to 296. Oh and that cost me .. $340!

I'll admit the car wasnt perfect when it went in but 3 weeks later bad communication and alot of bullshit costs is not on.

All of this has pushed me to learn how to tune my own cars.. getting there.... slowly.

Oh and rofl when i paid and went to leave he started making comments about my shit box blah blah shouldent even let me leave, duty of care blah blah, go on, try to stop me taking my car you goofy looking fish "Richo" richard.

I got a tune by richo, I wasnt overly impressed, the tune was safe but strange things started happening after it, his service wasnt up to scratch and when I had issues with various things I rang up a couple of times, the first time he told me the PFC was shit and I should just go to another ECU (after he did the tune he told me this mind you) and the second time I got someone else and was told he would ring me back, but never did.

Also, we dyno'd it on the stock ECU when I rolled in, I rolled out with a 6 kw decrease in power with the power-FC.

And the _only reason_ i went to these guys is because of a thread on here giving them big thumbs up, not until after the car was there did i start finding these other topics :blink: Lesson learnt.

Ah well that was a little while ago now just thought i'd warn people.

hi everyone i have also had a bad experience with allstar and i have also posted my story on this fine forum we have here but apart from telling our stories and hopefully warning each other about the less reputable tuners out there is there actually anyway to report bad tuners? i mean dont get me wrong here this is not a personell thing anymore my skyline is running perfectly now having gone through 4 performance shops trying to find the right tuner but is there anyway to get some justice? instead of just complaining to each other, although it does warn each other but how do we warn these so called tuners that they need to lift their game or the authorites will be on there doors asking questions?

ok so 2 things;

1. For every good story you hear about a tuner/workshop there is a bad one also.

2. I have never heard of a shop that has never had a bad word spoken about them before sometime or another so that really puts them all in the same boat yeah?

My good experiences with Matt Spry, Mercury, Allstar, Godzilla are all good in my mind and I got value for money but to another person they might not seem as good.

Then there is 3 workshops around that have dudded me in the past and ill never go to again which seem to get a good rating from time to time from other people.

Lastelly if you have a bad experience with a shop, tell them... They might be able to fix the situation if they are aware of the problem...

• 4 weeks later...

Hey Everyone

I just got back from Allstar tuning this afternoon. Went in at 08h30, got a Dyno tune, and new castor bushes fitted. Finished by 12h00. I had no drama, Richard and staff were friendly and helpful. They gave me plenty of good advice. My car feels better now, pricing was standard, although i did get a discount for being a member. My car is a R33 auto, fairly standard. Only mods are a Apexi pod, Fmic and 17 inch wheels. Power on my car is not fantastic but good for near stock, 122kw atw.

They recommended a haltech computer for around $3000 fitted and all the rest. I don't have such extravagant wealth. I will say though, my overall experience was a good one. They let me wait around and chat to them about all sorts of crap. I am happy with them. :blink:

Edited by 1C3B3RG