SAU Community

Allstar Tuning

riceline

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

anyone had any dealings with RPM performance in morayfield? just curious cuase i couldn't give peter (owner) a better rep. has more than look after since going to him. even caught him playing around with the tune on my wolf at 11pm. but then again he did tune it with 125rpm mapping points.

Haltech for stock car hmmmm that can work ;) alwell glad to see you had a good experience, 122 atw kws + 10% factor as compared to other dynos, is 134.2 rwkws still falls short compared to mods that you have. Sorry just rambling

Cheers

Hey dude

Yeah, Richard showed me the graph where after 3500 rpm my ecu shuts down a sensor and then basically just burns fuel coz it believes it's 4th of july and my name becomes Johny Dollar. So the Haltech was recommended to overide this problem and continue building power. Car will then be more economical with all the benefits of boost control blah blah blah. Also that was my first Dyno ever and i mean ever. Oh how i loved it. Expensive tho, i see how it can become addictive.

• 2 months later...

if i had not had my haltech installed by allstar and tuned, just left stock, i would probably still be with them (it is pretty hard to mess up a standard cars service), but after the ecu was installed and tuned incorrectly i have never been back, the people i am with now has a full disclosure policy and last service i asked if i could watch over the bloke who was doing the service on my car so i could learn a bit more about my car and pick the guys brain about skylines in general and they were only to happy to let me.

incidently getting back to allstar i later found out that richo had tuned my haltech to run so rich that it melted my high flow cat which partially blocked my exhaust severely limiting performance and exceleration, as a quick fix i had it gutted so for a while i had a 3 and a half inch straight through exhaust which sounded amazing, but illegal so i had a stainless steel high flow cat installed to fix that, it is quiet but at least i can have a incar conversation now. have a happy easter guys!

Hi guys

Ok, so i too have something to report. I have re-read this thread. Seems i got wiser with experience. OMG! Richard also took out my irridiums that were recommended by NGK. He told me the same thing as the other guys. He then put in el cheapo NGK's and lately seems to be a bit slow when starting. I also had to ask for my old spark plugs which were 12k old, they were going to bin them! Sometimes need 2 - 3 turns to start. With irridiums one hit and vroom!

Anyroad, i went to CNJ motorsport to tune my boost controller and airflow voltage bender. What a great experience! They let me sit in the car, tune the gizzmo's myself ( they operated car and dyno ). They were cheaper, quicker and about 30km closer to home.

Oh and i made extra 30kw at the wheels!

I ran Irridiums for years, never had an issue...

Heat range 6 and a 1.1mm gap worked a treat all the way to 332rwkw @ 21psi...

Never blew out the spark...

Nothing wrong with Irridiums, dont care what anyone has to say they worked well for me and id use them again...

I ran Irridiums for years, never had an issue...

Heat range 6 and a 1.1mm gap worked a treat all the way to 332rwkw @ 21psi...

Never blew out the spark...

Nothing wrong with Irridiums, dont care what anyone has to say they worked well for me and id use them again...

Thanks dude! At last, some common sense. I read your thread about spark plugs 30 min ago. I didn't have a problem either. Now startup seems weak. I'll change plugs tomorrow! They are 5000km old anyway.

Thanks dude! At last, some common sense. I read your thread about spark plugs 30 min ago. I didn't have a problem either. Now startup seems weak. I'll change plugs tomorrow! They are 5000km old anyway.

What thread was that... Must have been pretty old hey...

Iridium NGK Plugs

Yeah was 2005. Iridium NGK Plugs, that was the title. Sometimes too much info is confusing.

This thread ---> http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/Ir...mp;hl=ngk+plugs

Yeah your link goes back to the main SAU front page...

Anything more than a year ago becomes a blur, thanks for the read I love catching up with old memories...

i had a small miss-fire on 16psi boost with the 1.1mm plug gaps. So I changed them for 0.8mm plug gap and no more probs! Car idled a little smoother as well! that help anybody?

As for the topic of tuning cars..

I got jacked off with 3 different 'tuners' who knew less about cars than I did!

so i ended up doing a street tune myself with a mate to drive.

This is not the ideal way to do this, its takin heaps of fuel, heaps of time and way more time again to read info from tech heads on how to do it and not blew up the engine. But the set up is very strong and goes like stink. Soon-ish i want to get it onto a dyno and see how well ive done :D ..

I can assure you all that I am 900% smarter for doing all the above, and now 2 of my mates want theirs done for same reasons, but I want to get mine on the rollers, be in or beside the car as they do the job, and pick their brains like crazy!

My ecconomy is way better, torque is great.. I just want to be able to fine tune the top end a little better.. its a project that is still drivable!

Anyhow, If a shop has wronged u, dont be hostile about it. Calmly let them know that you were not impressed with their work and explain y you will not be returning. Most times the shop will be happy to try and fix the issue. Sometimes this is just not possable.. to just quietly leave.

i had a small miss-fire on 16psi boost with the 1.1mm plug gaps. So I changed them for 0.8mm plug gap and no more probs! Car idled a little smoother as well! that help anybody?

the reason u had miss fire was becuase the gap was to big, as boost came on the spark was being blown out

the more boost you run the less the gap

on a rb25/rb26 running 1bar the ideal gap is 0.75mm

on a rb25/rb26 running 1.5bar and higher 0.6mm is need

ive had my car at a few workshops... a few id never go back too, my car is going well with alex at gt auto, chapmen and chapman is also good.....

all star didnt return my call so meh