SAU Community

Need A Pic Of Stock R33 S2 Turbo Wastgate

WogsRus

Trying to read between the lines here , are you attempting to beat a boost creep issue by doing this ?

A problem can exist where people think the waste gate acts as a pressure relief valve which its not intended to do . It is possible at times to make the situation worse by giving the exhaust manifold pressure greater area with which to act on and force the flap valve open . If exhaust manifold pressure (turbine inlet pressure) is the problem the usual fix is a larger AR ratio turbine housing or smaller compressor / compressor trim .

Cheers A .

it's a stock turbo, but it creeps up to 10.6 psi. How else can i cure the problem? I tried to controll boost any which way i can, but if you connect it directyl form the IC i get 10.6 psi, with the gate fully open, still 10.6 psi. I have a stock BOV which has been pressed in a little, about 5 mm, but the problem started to occur long before that was done, actually it was just after the dump was changed. So i pressume boost creep is due to the wastgate.

Can somone elaborate. I have read heaps of pages on the internet, all regarding creep, and it all point to the wastgate.

Edited by WogsRus