SAU Community

Turbo Alternative

Grant W

I have been shopping around for a new turbo and decided to fork out my hard earned cash to have my existing turbo hiflowed by sliding performance. That is until I found this place - http://www.otomoto.com.au/kkrturbo.htm

Has anyone bought one of these turbos before or heard anything about them? It says they have been tested by Croydon so they must be alright. Any comments? :P

Yep, I have had good results with the slide turbo. The person you really need to talk to is simon ae86 as he has had both of these turbos. If you look for a thread in the forced induction section it will tell you all about his and my install and how it performs. I think simon said the slide turbo has a lot better top end with the same spool time.

I was deciding between the 2 you are looking at and chose the slide for it's bolt on drive away with no new dump pipe or fabricating anything.

It is putting out 230rwkw on my rb20 at 17psi and is rated at 19psi so possibly 245rwkw to be had on the o'l 20 and has serious kick in the pants power. on a RB25 it is rated at 250rwkw but may even put out a bit more.

Is is going on a RB20 or 25?

Looking at it you will be paying $829 + $150 for a dump pipe and then you will need an elbow fabricated that will cost $50 to $100 so you are looking at $1029 and that is a fair bit more than the slide.

Edited by CEF11E