SAU Community

Which Head Gasket

2BNVS

im converting to an rb26 head..at the moment i have an rb25/30 it has a 1.2mm tomei metal head gasket...

what thickness should i get with the rb26 head? power figures will be between 400-450rwkw so what would be best for that

cheers...ben.

im converting to an rb26 head..at the moment i have an rb25/30 it has a 1.2mm tomei metal head gasket...

what thickness should i get with the rb26 head? power figures will be between 400-450rwkw so what would be best for that

cheers...ben.

2BNVS... i'm currently having my 26/30 built at the moment.

Not sure on the gasket or thickness but i'll ask next time i speak to him and let you know :miner:

I'm not chasing those power figures yet as i cant afford the turbos, but will have an engine capable to

later on.

Simon

with the 25 head that i currently have, i have been informed to stick with the same 1.2mm gasket otherwise it will lower compression too much, seems to work fine for some friends so ill just stick with that

ben...

Yor engine builder should be checking the comp ratio after all the machinings done(Before also) to work out whats needed to get the final ratio right.No 2 engines are quite the same specialy after machining.

If your builder does not doing these kind of checks get out fast.

Use a gasket that will give you as close to 1mm piston to head clearance as you can, so if the piston is poking out the top of the block .2mm, use a 1.2mm gasket. Keep away from the really thick gaskets as they will ruin the quench between the piston and head. I would run a minimum of .8mm piston to head clearance, less than this and you may run into interference problems. More than 1.2mm and the engine wont burn as well as what it should.