SAU Community

Removing Tape Marks

On my dash before i bought the car the previous owner must have had some guages on there and now they have been removed and have left a nasty outline of where the double sided tape once was. How the hell do you get this off? ive tried everything i could think of and cant get it off at all!!

THANKS GUYS

On my dash before i bought the car the previous owner must have had some guages on there and now they have been removed and have left a nasty outline of where the double sided tape once was. How the hell do you get this off? ive tried everything i could think of and cant get it off at all!!

THANKS GUYS

have you tried wax and grease remover?

agreed, wax and grease remover seems to have the right 'strength' to remove the gluey stuff, yet it isn't as strong as turps.

Be careful when you're using it though, i've used it on plastic before, and I rubbed it for ages, and the plastic lost colour.

Yo,

Just got rid of some double sided tape marks myself! i found what worked best was a rub with the old Eucalyptus oil and then these cool little sponges they sell in supermarkets called 'magic erasers' they have a plastic sort of look to em and are white. great for getting rid of glue residue. Should just be in with the cleaning shit not an automotive thing.

:happy:

• 2 weeks later...
Yo,

Just got rid of some double sided tape marks myself! i found what worked best was a rub with the old Eucalyptus oil and then these cool little sponges they sell in supermarkets called 'magic erasers' they have a plastic sort of look to em and are white. great for getting rid of glue residue. Should just be in with the cleaning shit not an automotive thing.

:laugh:

cheers mate ill give that a go