New Speed And Infringment

Tofu

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

i dont really mind the increase.....well actually yeh i do lol but maybe these increases will help minimise speeding :happy: thats why they are increasing them, i know i will be slowing down on the roads :/ i guess i agree with the laws that help slow people down and save lives, its just that i dont like the whole yellow sticker issues lol

edit: just imagine if there had of been a speed camera on the members cruise, they woulda made at least 20k lol :laugh:

i dont really mind the increase.....well actually yeh i do lol but maybe these increases will help minimise speeding :happy: thats why they are increasing them, i know i will be slowing down on the roads :laugh: i guess i agree with the laws that help slow people down and save lives, its just that i dont like the whole yellow sticker issues lol

Gotta disagree with that comment...

Speed zones in Australia are (for lack of a better phrase) totally whack!

The Govt. post certain speed zones for the so called "intrest of public safety" but we all know it is so they will catch people driving a little (or in some cases a lot) over the limit and raise revenue from this. It is a fact that road safety SHOULD be first and foremost, not revenue... money can't buy a life.

Think of the Autobarn in Germany... no limit and very busy a lot of the time, but people respect the speed they are travelling and stay in the appropriate lane... the road is in excellent condition and can driven safely at speed... but given other roads in Germany you wouldn't be safe doing 60. There are studies to prove that a road should be driven at a speed it is safe to drive on, and most roads in Australia are safe well beyond their posted limits.

The difference is in the car and the driver in that car... that is why I disagree with the comment on yellows... yes they are a pain when a decent car gets them for big wheels or loud exhaust, but just think that if your friend/family got cleaned up by a car that wasn't speeding but is clearly not fit to be on the road.

Fine people 10 times as much as the new amounts, it shouldn't bother people doing the right thing... if you do the wrong thing you should get busted. But the Govt. should do it fairly and not bust the obvious fraction over the limit... be reasonable and give us 5-7km/h leaverage.

just my 10c

a $650 difference between doing 39 and 40k's over the limit... what a crock of shit

Someone needs to the sphincter of the universe slap the person coming up with all these new laws and changes. There too farkn cheap to subsidise driver training.... the only thing that is gonna stop more accidents is better drivers.

The Autobahn isn't unlimited speed limits. It is only on stretches between towns where there is no limit. The roads have been designed to handle 200+mph and are constantly maintained. There is also 24hr traffic surveillance and speed limits closer to the towns are constantly changed to suit the traffic conditions.

Not to mention the fact it is quite difficult to get your license in Germany. I do believe there is extensive training and hefty fees ($1000+) before you're allowed on the Autobahn. But they do religiously enforce the Keep Right (other side of the road :laugh: ) law :happy:

The Autobahn isn't unlimited speed limits. It is only on stretches between towns where there is no limit. The roads have been designed to handle 200+mph and are constantly maintained. There is also 24hr traffic surveillance and speed limits closer to the towns are constantly changed to suit the traffic conditions.

Not to mention the fact it is quite difficult to get your license in Germany. I do believe there is extensive training and hefty fees ($1000+) before you're allowed on the Autobahn. But they do religiously enforce the Keep Right (other side of the road :laugh: ) law :happy:

Well I would much rather have people pay a once off licence and driver training program, which will make our roads safer, allowing the Govt. to maintain the roads better, which then allows faster/safer driving.

Just think of how much the average joe has coughed up in speeding fines over the years... I am sure I would over $1000

But i think things will change even if people dont speed so much, once people get to a point where the government isnt making enough revenue off of people getting fined and shit then they will move onto something else such as defecting vehicles and increase fines in that area, seriously the government does not give a fawk about us Australians and those other who use our roads, they care about money and making enough profit to cater for their corruption and likes of. That is all I got.

Well I would much rather have people pay a once off licence and driver training program, which will make our roads safer, allowing the Govt. to maintain the roads better, which then allows faster/safer driving.

Just think of how much the average joe has coughed up in speeding fines over the years... I am sure I would over $1000

I agree completely. It's too easy to get a license here and (particularly without the hp limitations they have over east) get in a car that is too much for you to handle and kill lots of people. Personally I think they should make everyone ride a scooter for a year before they allow you in a car, that would certainly give you an appreciation for larger metal objects moving at high rates of speed near you and the unpredictability of random drivers. But yes, intensive Advanced driving courses should be mandatory.

As for revenue raising, I believe that is exactly what it is. How much of the revenue raised by traffic infringements actually contributes to improving the quality of our roadways. Fair enough, some may be directed towards scaremongering in the way of smashed car displays etc. (which is a good graphic way of indicating what can happen, but I say make them ride scooters!), but these honestly can't cost very much.

I guess that part of the problem with the poor quality of our road system is the fact that local streets are maintained by the the local councils and main roads, obviously by Main Roads.

lets look forward to next years huge surplus...that goes straight to their pockets and not our roads....

our roads are shit, any changes to our roads are worse than before..plus take forever, the rail system has totally screwed up our "freeway" to make it a slow way...and roe hwy is only 2 lanes.....

no wonder wa is the arse of australia...

and how many of us went to school and back without this 40zone shit...one minute the freeway is 80 next its 100 den this back to 80.. no wonder people crash...they're trying to save money trying to watch out for speed limit signs that are constantly changing...

and seriously how many people get caught for doing 80 in a 100zone...none dat i've seen...half the changes are a load of crap...

but yes..its true..dont speed and u wont get caught..time to buy that charade...

Edited by J_R32

The increase in fines has been a long time coming. Im surprised they have only just come in honestly. What i am most surprised about is the lack of media coverage on this issue. Surely you would assume as this does not only affect the import scene but every driver this would of hit the news at evey chance.

But as it has been said and whinged about in numerous topics this only adds to the restrictions for us on the road so that we can still be seen as the scapegoat for the demise of the road safety, standards and the high mortality rate on our roads. Soon it will become impossible of even enjoying the much loved past time of the import scene.

Can you imagine when double demerits comes in with this. 1st of Jan, with DD. Oh boy

Driver training and understanding of the vehicle ftw! Put every P plater into a near death situation and they will learn their car is not a tank nor are they capable of contolling it in compromising situations.

Look at where it started. There are alot of young kids out there with licenses now buying cars that are way to powerful or difficult for them to drive. I think a lot of it may also be a scare tactic towards these young fools to try and keep them alive a little bit longer. Correct me if i am wrong, but in NSW 10-19 kph is $300 fine or something outrageous?

yes it could be viewed as revenue raising, but as the saying goes, Do the crime......

just my 2c

I think this is just another revenue raiser, just like the extra speed cameras they put into service. Put a camera on the side of the road and take photos and make money, rather than put a police presence out on te streets.

It is rediculous to say that 1-9km over and you get a $75 fine. That gives them the right to pull you over and book you for doing 52 in a 50 zone. No wonder there are more crashes nowadays...everyone is too busy looking at the speedo to make sure they aren't speeding instead of looking at the road!!!! I remember when 1-9 over was no fine to allow for errors in their equipment and in variations of peaoples speedos.

:( my 2c :)