Tofu

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Who wants to start up a radar detector business with me? :(

haha I had a Bel 745sti plus before and it worked great :) until it got stolen :) rear sensor and picked all bands...laser worked well too when it was pointed at someone elses car infront of you :)

wonder how long until they finally pass the banning of them here

Who wants to start up a radar detector business with me? :stupid:
wonder how long until they finally pass the banning of them here

I already do this for a living! :)

Everyone can also breath a sigh of relief, because radar detectors have been removed from the road safety political agenda... the stir-up that began in January this year is now gone :sorcerer:

p.s. J_R32 ... 40km/h for school zones is the best thing the govt has implimented as far as speed limits are concerned... it's a far cry from being shit... do you think these primary school kids give a 2nd thought about how effective a skyline's abs system is before they run out onto the road without looking?

The longest stretch of 40km/h school zone would have to be 800m, which travelling at 40km/h will take you 72 seconds, yet at the normal 60km/h it would take you 48 seconds. I would rather slow down and spend and extra 24 seconds of my life in order to possibly save a kids... wouldn't you? :)

I've not been fined for the 1 & 1/2 years driving in aussie, although i did get gunned at 59km/hr on a 50km/hr road on the 4th day of owning the car, but i didn't know it was 50 all round, i thought it was 60, and the cops were nice enough to let me go.

That said, i think as long as you don't do the crime, you'll be fine. :stupid:

Thanks for bringing this to our collective attention Tofu

"The Autobahn isn't unlimited speed limits...Not to mention the fact it is quite difficult to get your license in Germany...But they do religiously enforce the Keep Right (other side of the road :) ) law :stupid: "

and they can drive. Keeping to the right err i mean left? Check out the importance this current gang of lying scumbags give one of the basic tennants of road behaviour. Thats right liners..down from 4 point to 3. "Keep left ya assclown"

Horsesh#t - a revenue raiser plain and simple. That's my 2c

With half of that 2 cents going into road safety LOL.

lets look forward to next years huge surplus...that goes straight to their pockets and not our roads....

our roads are shit, any changes to our roads are worse than before...plus take forever, the rail system has totally screwed up our "freeway" to make it a slow way...

Well J you certainly sound like a person after my own heart...Stick it to the Man!

Refer Nastazias post..yeah ya right, stand by for another round of "long overdue" pay increases for these self agrandising sociopaths. Our roads arent as bad as other states but sure the govt could be sticking in more of the budget into road maintanence. W.A. is a state that will always need alot of roads due to business we do..we rip stuff out of the ground and we like living next to the ocean. As for the rail system meh, it gets more of the idiots off the road, so i'll put up with the grief for a little longer. Freewway ha ha ha Reid "hwy" in North Beach is one lane LOL

Look at the focus of this "plan"...failure to give way to a pedestrian down from 4 pts to 3. Failure to obey lane markers on a round about exit down by a point. The high level behaviours like these and *...err pick one out of the air.* Making a U turn at break in the road where you shouldnt, thats right down a point. These actions require application of knowledge and a reasonably complex decision making process...but all the speeding fines up up and UP, speeding fines require turning up and sharing some space with multinoavas or an underpaid, undertrained blue suit with a chip on the shoulder to get the $$$$ rolling in. This is yet another tactic to scare Mr and Mrs Mortage into seeing people like us as the enemy..and who'll save them from the enemy, thats right, Ravilich and Ripper and...Brian Burke. "Vote for me-i'll keep ya safe from the evil Mr Keets". It gives the Mums and Dads a focus for the rage instead of telling them the truth and that is road Safety is a shed load more complicated than a multinovas and speeding fines. I dont have a problem with road Safety, quite the opposite. My problem is the govts method of achieving same. You can stuff more layers of compliance into the Traffic Act but you wont necessary get compliance. Training and awareness is the key to "building" a Safer driving community. Sure people are sh!t scared of losing a days pay for doing the wrong thing but they wont "own" road Safety and that means they wont have a real understanding of the underlyng principles of staying Safe and therefore cant apply these principles in difficult or extrodinary situations...the hand held mobile phone ones good though. Hey Dan I've got a great idea for a decal " I drive a Skyline and I vote". You may not like what I have to say but you know i'm right, I'm Mr Keets! :)

yeh complete crap more revenue raising

they emphasise on speeding so much but i remember in Motor magazine they did a breakdown of accidents and fatalities ages ago and found the hardly any were caused by speeding most were from reckless or drink driving and ive been to countries where they manage fine without speed limits if they wanna do something then they should teach people to drive better not slower

No Problems for bringing it up.

I contemplated selling the skyline, even though Ive driven it for a whole two weeks in 9 months.

That lasted about 10 seconds until a mate showed me a cheap car audio site.

I already do this for a living! :D

oh...do I hear discounted group buy from GODTHRILA? hehe :D

Thanks for bringing this to our collective attention Tofu

and they can drive. Keeping to the right err i mean left? Check out the importance this current gang of lying scumbags give one of the basic tennants of road behaviour. Thats right liners..down from 4 point to 3. "Keep left ya assclown"

With half of that 2 cents going into road safety LOL.

Well J you certainly sound like a person after my own heart...Stick it to the Man!

Refer Nastazias post..yeah ya right, stand by for another round of "long overdue" pay increases for these self agrandising sociopaths. Our roads arent as bad as other states but sure the govt could be sticking in more of the budget into road maintanence. W.A. is a state that will always need alot of roads due to business we do..we rip stuff out of the ground and we like living next to the ocean. As for the rail system meh, it gets more of the idiots off the road, so i'll put up with the grief for a little longer. Freewway ha ha ha Reid "hwy" in North Beach is one lane LOL

Look at the focus of this "plan"...failure to give way to a pedestrian down from 4 pts to 3. Failure to obey lane markers on a round about exit down by a point. The high level behaviours like these and *...err pick one out of the air.* Making a U turn at break in the road where you shouldnt, thats right down a point. These actions require application of knowledge and a reasonably complex decision making process...but all the speeding fines up up and UP, speeding fines require turning up and sharing some space with multinoavas or an underpaid, undertrained blue suit with a chip on the shoulder to get the $$$$ rolling in. This is yet another tactic to scare Mr and Mrs Mortage into seeing people like us as the enemy..and who'll save them from the enemy, thats right, Ravilich and Ripper and...Brian Burke. "Vote for me-i'll keep ya safe from the evil Mr Keets". It gives the Mums and Dads a focus for the rage instead of telling them the truth and that is road Safety is a shed load more complicated than a multinovas and speeding fines. I dont have a problem with road Safety, quite the opposite. My problem is the govts method of achieving same. You can stuff more layers of compliance into the Traffic Act but you wont necessary get compliance. Training and awareness is the key to "building" a Safer driving community. Sure people are sh!t scared of losing a days pay for doing the wrong thing but they wont "own" road Safety and that means they wont have a real understanding of the underlyng principles of staying Safe and therefore cant apply these principles in difficult or extrodinary situations...the hand held mobile phone ones good though. Hey Dan I've got a great idea for a decal " I drive a Skyline and I vote". You may not like what I have to say but you know i'm right, I'm Mr Keets! :action-smiley-069:

hear hear premier Keets :)

How come this hasn't been in the news? Very strange...

God damn I hate the police here, they spend more time and money policing petty stuff like hoons doing loud burnouts wasting $$$ on undercover ricecops instead of putting more resources into policing domestic voilence, burglary, etc. And you hardly ever see the money raised by these fines going into roadworks and blackspots, instead they spend it on next to useless million dollar ad campaigns, more radar detectors, etc.

Another thing that annoys me are the speed limits on major roads that are obviously built well enough to have faster speeds. 80km highways? LOL such a bloody joke, no wonder why rush hour traffic is so terrible (not to mention the lack of lanes on the freeway). Oh and I agree with accidents being caused by speed cameras, not only are people not paying attention to the road because they are too focused on their speedometer so they dont get a fine, but sometimes if people are over the limit (even by 10km/h) and see a speed camera the panic, suddenly slam on and lock up their brakes, causing the car behind them to crash into the back or cause their car to go off the road and into a wall (i've seen it happen before).

Anyway, I'll definitely be saving up my money to get a radar detector now... (or go the cheaper way, start destroying all multinovas I see so that they have none left to use LOL).

Edited by big col

hear hear premier Keets :laugh:

As Chuck D would say "Fight the power"

"...(or go the cheaper way, start destroying all multinovas I see so that they have none left to use LOL)."

ahhh what a pleasant thought, unfortunately all those who have adopted a similar policy have had to dig deep for around $70K...dont know if anyone has actually paid though :miner:

oh...do I hear discounted group buy from GODTHRILA? hehe :(

*sorry for jackin the thread*

just set up a thread in the for sale section so if your licence is important to you, have a look... I'm also discounting it a bit for members, and if your not a member... join-up first and the discount basically will cover half the membership fee!!!

Speed zones in Australia are (for lack of a better phrase) totally whack!

Yep, theres a dual lane carraige way near my GF's place thats 60k's and an abutting ( :P ) road thats just 2 lanes thats 70. Ive contemplated writing or emailling departs to assess the limits to get them changed in a number of areas, but don't know where to start....

Theres also Marmion Ave leading into scarborough, up the hill its 80k's. I don't mind that, but it seems a little out of the governmetns guidelines for speed limits.

"Not being parrallel and as close to the centre of the road when making a right turn into abutting land" <---I like this one, should be more of a fine...

Theres also Marmion Ave leading into scarborough, up the hill its 80k's. I don't mind that, but it seems a little out of the governmetns guidelines for speed limits.

Doesn't Marmion ave randomly drop to 70 near the Karinyup golf coarse?

80 is about right for Marmion... any faster with that many side streets would be a bitch to pull out onto (for normal cars :D). Its strange that when it dips to 70 there are no side streets at all :D

The freeway should atleast be 110, 130 would be better. Its a dead straight road with multiple lanes and an emergency lane. The only reason someone would crash on it would be shithouse merging (WA's specialty) and unroadworthy cars blowing up. The amount of people that can't hit 100 by the time you need to merge from an on ramp is ridiculous. Likewise the amount of people that don't check there blindspots when they almost run you over.

If you force people to go faster they might actually pay attention to there driving instead of turning on cruise control in there auto barge and tuning out.

apparently our freeway is the safest road in australia (or something like that) and an independent study has said that we can safely travel at about 130km/h on the freeway

i dont think there is anyway that somebody can drift into oncoming traffic, its either concrete barriers or those steel and wire barriers on the middle and nearly all the outside (if not then there is big high banks on both outsides of the freeway which is a bit hard to get up, specially when a lot of it is sand and bushes and stuff)

Doesn't Marmion ave randomly drop to 70 near the Karinyup golf coarse?

Yep, then back up to 80 heading into scabs

The amount of people that can't hit 100 by the time you need to merge from an on ramp is ridiculous.

That shits me as well, all too much