SAU Community

R33 Auto + Pfc Faq's

monitor, looks like you can see torque converter, transfer temp and gear no#?

post-2054-1165706868.jpg

setting menu, lots of auto logic control in here

post-2054-1165706907.jpg

flex logic control

post-2054-1165706884.jpg

lock up zone, kick back control maybe ?

post-2054-1165706857.jpg

shiftmap

post-2054-1165706919.jpg

etc menu

post-2054-1165706896.jpg

yeah, the toyota PFC has an auto version for the JZX100 chaser

its an auto specific PFC, pretty sweet, check it out

Handy functions but,

you would be opening a can of worms trying to make a toyota ecu control the nissan engine!

Seriously why would you bother?

the r33 gtst PFC works perfectly as it is.

I have just picked my car up from MV automatics.

He has done the whole box upgrade with high stall etc, it drives and changes gears like a brand new car.

theres no harsh changes, just smooth direct shifts in every gear.

Mike wants me to clock up a few kays then take it back in to check the line pressue etc then i can get the new poncams tuned on the dyno.

im trying to keep off the loud pedal for a couuple of weeks so all the new bits get a chance to bed in properly. I was a little sceptical about how the high stall would effect drive quality, but if anything it only makes it smoother, and even more of a pleasure to drive.

Go the Auto!

Cheers

Darren

Fitting a high stall always makes the changes smoother, as they slip more, how much higher did you go, it the converter smaller?

just be prepared for your fuel economy to be worse.

The converter is rated at 2800rpm, but if pushed hard it should run up to 32-3300rpm before spining the tyres. Once tuned i will know what my boost is doing, but with the new cams im seeing boost coming on around 3500 and full boost by 4k so it should launch fairly hard if i can get traction.

As the converter still retains the factory lock up i cant see how it will effect the fuel economy to much.

it drives nothing like my old 3000rpm dominator converter in my old 327 chev.

With normal driving It takes off like the standard converter maybe only 2-300 rpm higher, while the chev hi stall would rev to 25-2800 before even moving of the line.

Anyway im driving a 340kw skyline not a Prius

it drives nothing like my old 3000rpm dominator converter in my old 327 chev.

With normal driving It takes off like the standard converter maybe only 2-300 rpm higher, while the chev hi stall would rev to 25-2800 before even moving of the line.

Anyway im driving a 340kw skyline not a Prius

Excellent. ;)

So cubes are you still planning to change to an auto?

If AIR ever re opens im going to need someone to run against! :wave:

Yes I sure am... Waiting for xmas to be over then I can sink some $$ in to bits required. :)

Hows the lunge off the mark feel with the stally? Should be on boost as its launching. :wave:

Yes I sure am... Waiting for xmas to be over then I can sink some $$ in to bits required. ;)

Hows the lunge off the mark feel with the stally? Should be on boost as its launching. :rofl:

It extra stall feels awesome compared to before.

But as i mentioned im trying to keep off the go pedal at the moment so everything can bed in well.

Its very tempting as even half throttle it all starts happening!

I wonder why more series 1 r33 auto owners havent gone down this rd?

they missing out is all i can say.

I enjoy drivng manual cars dont get me wrong, but in the drivetrain manual / auto thread, i just counted 3 of the top 50 threads were issues with Autos the other 47 are problems with manuals or clutches.

Yet all the manual drivers think that the autos are crap! Why?

I havent redesigned the wheel, or used plutonium to make my car go faster, just sensible mods in the right order, and do i dare say i may acheive a low 11 or even maybe a high 10 sec quarter!

Cheers

i havent noticed Paul or Ash edit/remove the Auto ecu threads from the FI FAQ section!

Paul you say you dont want to promote miss information, yet you dont encourage proven facts.

why is this?

calm down. what thread are you talking about? i cant just go willy nilly and edit thread, i dont have permission nor do i want to. i can edit the powerfc faq as its on my site and i started the thread in tutorial/howto

i havent gotten around to editing the powerfc faq yet

what thread are you thinking of?

i havent noticed Paul or Ash edit/remove the Auto ecu threads from the FI FAQ section!

Paul you say you dont want to promote miss information, yet you dont encourage proven facts.

why is this?

I've added in your thread in addtion to the others, as its additional information as what is there isnt invalid.

Each thread has its merits, and its owner onus.

Please excuse the point of me being on holidays & my birthday... meaning i had better things to do :(