SAU Community

R33 Boot Stuck Shut

shoebox

still stuck shut.....do i have to remove the back seats or can i drill the lock out. Aim for the midddle of the lock and drill it out ?
Call a lockswith, to open the boot (ie: break in), then get them to make the boot lock work with your key.

:P

Easiest would be to just take off the back seats and open the panel. Then flick the switch.

I've done it before on another car.

I've taken the back seats in an r33 out in 10 minutes. Removing the panel took <5 minutes. Use a short pole to flick the lever and bob's your auntie. Then you can take it to the locksmith to have the lock repaired.

Imagine if you were standing outside your car and you have the lid open.

Right in the middle of the bottom section (on the inside), there is a little plastic flap. Inside there, there's a little switch. it's piss easy to flick.

No, you don't have to get in the boot. you won't be able to anyways.

like I said, i just used a pole to flick it (not on my car, my car's perfect and nothing ever goes wrong. was on my mate's r33).

cheers

ok I am with you...............I think u have open the plastic falp first yeah...?

So use a pool perhaps a flat screwdriver on the end of the pool taped to it?

I will try this tonight....effen boot.....Must be the Valet switch. never touch anything kids unless u know what it does....except females.

• 2 years later...

i'm in a similar situation and i got no idea what to do...

my friend slammed the boot lid with god knows what on his mind, and now i can't open it using the lever near the drivers door or the key to open it from the actual boot! the key just turns, and comes to a stop in the position where the boot should be open, but the boot doesn't open. you can hear it un-latching off something, but im not sure if thats just the spring making a noise in the keyhole or the acutal lock. if it was that little switch that tripped then they key would over ride it (i'mm 99% sure im right on that bit). but the damn thing won't open even with the key!

any suggestions??

i'm in a similar situation and i got no idea what to do...

my friend slammed the boot lid with god knows what on his mind, and now i can't open it using the lever near the drivers door or the key to open it from the actual boot! the key just turns, and comes to a stop in the position where the boot should be open, but the boot doesn't open. you can hear it un-latching off something, but im not sure if thats just the spring making a noise in the keyhole or the acutal lock. if it was that little switch that tripped then they key would over ride it (i'mm 99% sure im right on that bit). but the damn thing won't open even with the key!

any suggestions??

fixed the problem! =) .. had 2 other people help. while one held the key in the unlocked position, me and the other friend pulled from both sides and it just popped open.. but took a bit of effort! wasn't easy.. working fine now so far.. lets hope no one slams it again =s