SAU Community

How Do I Fit 7x10" Speakers In The Back Of My R33?

R-SPEC

Well why ask the question then?

None of us really care if you decide to hack up your car to fit some 7x10's in. They've given you an opinion and you're not going to take any notice, so go do it your way.

Well why ask the question then?

None of us really care if you decide to hack up your car to fit some 7x10's in. They've given you an opinion and you're not going to take any notice, so go do it your way.

Thats true.. i'm arguing here for someone that hasn't had barely any input to this topic.. screw this. 'Ol_Mate' thats the best post on this topic i've seen... :laugh:

As for if they fit or not... its going to be a bit of a hack but they will fit.... probably sound pretty good too...

come on guys no need to get all cut here.

i obviously asked because i'm clueless when it comes to audio and never fitted any kind of speakers myself in a car.

but after thinking about it and doing some searching last night on this forum on how to remove the parcel shelf i came a cross a DIY on how to make your own parcel shelf and thought it would be a good idea. i've already removed the rear seat and already have plenty of mdf boards and all the tools i need. plus i got absolutely nothing else to do so yeah...

i appreciate all the opinions given.

cheers

Edited by R-SPEC

no ones getting cut here man... just take out your seats, take out your shelf, buy some mdf wood and mark the outline of the shelf on the mdf, try with 18mm to make it thicker, cut it out then put it in the car and see if it fits, you might need to cut the shelf your making up just a tad where the window angles down but carpet covers EVERY screw up you make so dont be too fussy.

You will need to cut metal but you'll need the right tool for it so until you have that tool... i cant remember what its called but its something car audio fitters use thats on a 90 degree angle, i wouldn't really attempt it, but if your bored go for gold, once again they will fit so try your best and you will succeed. :ninja:

Edited by R33HVN

yeah like i said i already got the mdf and stuff. my dad's an electrical contracter so i've got access to all the tools i might need :ninja:

from what i read its not really hard to do except for the little tricky parts like you said on the window side and its a bit time consuming but i got all the time i need :P

i'm keeping in mind every suggestion given here just incase it doesn't work out so don't think i'm ignoring any opinions in this thread otherwise why would i have started it.

thanks

yeah like i said i already got the mdf and stuff. my dad's an electrical contracter so i've got access to all the tools i might need :ninja:

from what i read its not really hard to do except for the little tricky parts like you said on the window side and its a bit time consuming but i got all the time i need :P

i'm keeping in mind every suggestion given here just incase it doesn't work out so don't think i'm ignoring any opinions in this thread otherwise why would i have started it.

thanks

nah the only concern is cutting the metal everything else is a peice of piss... i made the shelf for my 6x9's in 20mins flat... cut out and carpeted and fit like a cok in a sok.. just worrie bout cutting the metal... where there is a will there is a way... and the 7x10's will fit

Closed.

R33HVN for someone whose been a member for a few weeks you need to adjust your attitude. You wanted him R-SPEC to consult a professional? frx026 & Chris Rogers are, and were providing their input as such.

R-SPEC: if you'd like the thread re-opened if you want to seek more advice or have any more questions, please let me know.

Cheers.