Gav

I guess it had to happen.

The combination of:

"Adequate" power (578 rwhp)

Good torque (HKS 2.8L kit)

Sudden power delivery (GT-RS terbs)

Rebuilt transfer case

Low ratio diff gears (GTS-4 CW&P)

is now resulting in some serious torque steer when coming on boost.

I'm thinking that a front LSD (say 1.5 way) will improve things, however will this adversely affect steering?

"Plan B" may be to adjust how boost and torque split is delivered? I have a dual solenoid boost controller fitted and Duncan's ETS controller available (not fitted yet).

Thoughts and recommendations?

Hi Gav,

my R32 GTR came with mechanical LSD front and rear so i don't know what make or spec level they are but i've had no probs with torque steer or any other steering problems. It can be a little clunky, through the steering wheel and you can hear it, if taking tight corners and using enough throttle to make the wheels spin. I'm only running about 360 HP thou.

I also have an ETS controller but it can't reduce torque split to the front only make the torque split come on earlier which if yours is the same may make your problem worse.

The LSD up front makes for awesome traction, after warming up the rears at the plex i was able to do 8k limiter launches with very little wheel spin, that's with 285 street tyres all round. Towards the end of the night there was no wheel spin at all but i suspect that was the clutch slipping as the twin plate has a few problems at the moment.

If i had to get new diffs i would probably get the OS Giken super lock diffs, they come with 14 clutch plates per side. Doubt you would be able to get them in the GTS4 ratios thou.

What gearbox you running with all that HP?

You on R&R from Bulgaria at the moment?

cheers

Paul

Hi Gav,

my R32 GTR came with mechanical LSD front and rear so i don't know what make or spec level they are but i've had no probs with torque steer or any other steering problems. It can be a little clunky, through the steering wheel and you can hear it, if taking tight corners and using enough throttle to make the wheels spin. I'm only running about 360 HP thou.

I also have an ETS controller but it can't reduce torque split to the front only make the torque split come on earlier which if yours is the same may make your problem worse.

The LSD up front makes for awesome traction, after warming up the rears at the plex i was able to do 8k limiter launches with very little wheel spin, that's with 285 street tyres all round. Towards the end of the night there was no wheel spin at all but i suspect that was the clutch slipping as the twin plate has a few problems at the moment.

If i had to get new diffs i would probably get the OS Giken super lock diffs, they come with 14 clutch plates per side. Doubt you would be able to get them in the GTS4 ratios thou.

What gearbox you running with all that HP?

You on R&R from Bulgaria at the moment?

cheers

Paul

Hey Paul

not back until mid Jan, but just some feedback from the tuner and others that have driven the R since the most recent tune and gearbox/tranny case rebuild.

Running an OS cross mission gearset in a rebuilt R33 box.

Won't be buying anything until I've had a chance to look at how it is in real life and perhaps what I can do with boost delivery and/or ATTESSA controller.

Cheers

Gav