SAU Community

Rb25 Series 1 Swap Into R32 (already Seached)

looking for any wiring info on the swap to use a rb25 in a r32 gtst ... apparently someone on gtrcanada.com did the swap and used all the rb20 wiring harness no cutting just plugged everything in and boom it started .. anyways i cant find any info on this swap that deals with the wiring part of it .. i have found the neo swap info but no r33 rb25 stuff .. any info or direction will be greatly appreciated..

tks

clet

I know alot of guys like to use the RB20 wiring loom but personally I prefer to use the RB25 loom and computer. I put a series 2 RB25 motor in my R32 back in June last year and took the RB25 loom and Rb20 loom and made a 'Plug'n'play' loom ie used the R32 plugs that plug into the R32 body loom and wired them into the Rb25 loom. Refer my gallery for photos.

In January this year I did a loom for another member who had a cefiro and dropped a series 1 RB25 into it. Its not too difficult if you are good with a soldering iron and at least have a basic understanding of electrics. I had intentions to prepare a basic wiring procedure for the swap as it is so popular but I just haven't had the time.

I am happy to give guidance if you wish to give it a go.

PS the series 1 and series 2 looms are slightly different.

Hope this helps.

Cheers

Ben

Edited by BH_SLO32

tks a million ben .. when im ready for the harness ill pm you with any questions i have if you dont mind ..

2_ecliped .. yea im pretty sure he said it pluged right in .. when i ask a question i listen to the answer :miner: lol there was no mistake that is what he said ...

I know alot of guys like to use the RB20 wiring loom but personally I prefer to use the RB25 loom and computer. I put a series 2 RB25 motor in my R32 back in June last year and took the RB25 loom and Rb20 loom and made a 'Plug'n'play' loom ie used the R32 plugs that plug into the R32 body loom and wired them into the Rb25 loom. Refer my gallery for photos.

In January this year I did a loom for another member who had a cefiro and dropped a series 1 RB25 into it. Its not too difficult if you are good with a soldering iron and at least have a basic understanding of electrics. I had intentions to prepare a basic wiring procedure for the swap as it is so popular but I just haven't had the time.

I am happy to give guidance if you wish to give it a go.

PS the series 1 and series 2 looms are slightly different.

Hope this helps.

Cheers

Ben

I think the faq you mention is for an r32 model rb25de which shares all the same plugs and (i think) injector size. For a 33 model det it definitely IS NOT a plug in as many many people have discovered.

It is possible to run the 32gtst loom with the 33 engine, but there are a few things worth considering.

Are you planning on running the 20 or 25 ecu? To run the 25 ecu it's just a matter of swapping a couple of pins around on the 32gtst ecu plug (i think it's injectors) pm carlh for info as he runs a 25 pfc on a 20. You will also need to swap a few sensor and injector plugs around on the engine side to suit the rb25. You will also need to add in wiring for the vct, secondary idle stepper and a couple of other things.

I went the other way and adapted the 25 loom to the r32. It's a lot of work but i think it gives a better (tidier) result. I think predator has a faq detailing a big chunk of the conversion into a 32gts4. 2 years and a lot of beers have dulled my memory but basically, get the wiring diagrams and pinouts trace and tag everything. Then cut and solder in the plugs that you poach from the 20 loom to suit the 32.

• 1 year later...

I just got my RB25 today and I was hoping you could help me with some questions.

My Skyline is non turbo so it will be a big step with the RB25.

Now then, My first question is about the gearbox. I'm gonna use the RB25 gearbox but what should be done about the drive shaft??? I also hear the gearbox mounts aren't the same and I will also have problems with the speedo meter.

The second is about the harness, everyone that has ever swapped an engine told me that the harness is the most difficult part of the swap. Do you have the diagram of the R32 and the R33 (still can't find it for the R32) and some pointers on how this is done??

Hope to get a reply from you soon