SAU Community

Head Lights Are Not Working

Buddy

a few days ago the drivers side lights stopped working in my R33 so i brough new globes n put them in than the other side stopped working and the drivers side still wornt working, i checked every fuse in the fuses box next to the steering wheel an the ones next to the washer tank n the engine bay but there all fine, i dont no what is rong with them or what i can do? can some one help me please

i took it to an auto elect yesturday and he had a look but couldnt tell me what was wrong with it other than i needed a new light switch but i got the new 1 and still does the same thing

Do your tail-lights and number plate lights light up?

If so, it is not the switch, which means your autoelec knows shit, so time to go to another one. Sounds like a faulty relay, do not know where it is located, probably in the fuse box in the eng. bay.

Do your high-beams work?

...i just brought a new light switch today from a front cut and its still the same
So, you got a switch that's probably as old as your current switch, that's been sitting around a wrecking yard, exposed to all the sh!t in the world, and you're not surprised that it behaves in exactly the same way as your current switch?

Skyline headlamp switches are world famous for playing up when the contacts get a bit grungy - there are numerous threads on the subject.

BTW, were both globes that you replaced actually blown?