SAU Community

N/a Cheap Performance Info Needed

i buying another rb25de and i wanted to know what i can do to improve its performance so i can get some good power...ive heard something like rb25 with rb26 head or something? like just anything u know thats cheap please post it

and some prices would be great aswell...

i dont wanna spend much because i get off my P's in 2 years and im gonna dump a rb25det in it so yeah.

thanks for any info givin

Edited by Stealthynsa

A 26 head is not a cheap option! Try Extractors and K&N panel filter first. Maybe a couple more deg. timing and/or Adjustable cam gears.

thanks do u have any prices on the parts and the name of the parts i should be after???

and would a rb26 head give me better performance or not really,

i have a k&n pod filter and a and i have a cat back exhaust system, and an exedy heavy duty racing clutch... also would getting a better cat improve performance?

Edited by Stealthynsa

dont know what brands to get, but extractors, cat, cat back exhaust, replacement panel filter, maybe even chip the ECU...

dont bother with the RB26 head, it probly will give you minor increase in performance, but last time i saw an RB25DE head was worth about $1200, so im guessin an RB26 one would be around the $2k mark, if not more?

so about the ecu what should i be asking for? and what will it give my car performance wise...?

also can anyone give me info about a new cat for my exhaust kit?

would a high flow cat be worth getting??

Edited by Stealthynsa

jeez man - play 20 questions hey.

there's a thread just below yours with RB30 power increase (or something similar) - the principals are pretty much the same have a read through that. also try a search in the NA section there is a plethora of information here.

there is an extractors thread which discusses alot of exhaust mods, along with prices and names.

a better cat will give increase in performance in both power and driveability.

it's pretty obvious you lack the fundamentals of how things work and what not. it's my suggestion that you have a read through/search some of the older threads to get cluey.

jeez man - play 20 questions hey.

there's a thread just below yours with RB30 power increase (or something similar) - the principals are pretty much the same have a read through that. also try a search in the NA section there is a plethora of information here.

there is an extractors thread which discusses alot of exhaust mods, along with prices and names.

a better cat will give increase in performance in both power and driveability.

it's pretty obvious you lack the fundamentals of how things work and what not. it's my suggestion that you have a read through/search some of the older threads to get cluey.

well im sorry i cant sit here all day and read on the computer i do have a l ife and things to do, i asked my question and left... i didnt have time to sit and read when i posted that when i got back i had a reply...

sometimes different actions need to be taken in life.

sorry for using ur forum if it bothered u that much

no its not my forum... and i'm certainly not telling you what to do, but there is a thread pretty much on par as to what your talking about.

it's just the general etiquette here... but no one is stopping you, i thought i'd just pass on what was told to me. there is however a fine line between being lazy and genuinely clueless.

no its not my forum... and i'm certainly not telling you what to do, but there is a thread pretty much on par as to what your talking about.

it's just the general etiquette here... but no one is stopping you, i thought i'd just pass on what was told to me. there is however a fine line between being lazy and genuinely clueless.

i know how furoms work and i know how this 1 works, as i said i had no time but anyways no point in argueing its childish have fun cya mate

well im sorry i cant sit here all day and read on the computer i do have a l ife and things to do, i asked my question and left... i didnt have time to sit and read when i posted that when i got back i had a reply...

sometimes different actions need to be taken in life.

sorry for using ur forum if it bothered u that much

Someone spoon feed me...

just do the standard mild NA mods.

leave the head, free the intake, exhaust to 2.25 or 2.5, get a tune (or cpu)... and get a handling kit. No sense going fast if you can't turn.

• 3 weeks later...

Here's a little tip that might help when on a budget, the factory turbo exhaust systems are a bigger bore (2 1/2") than the factory N/A versions if you look around you might be able to find a cheap 2nd hand turbo factory system, slap it on an N/A and instant exhaust upgrade :wave:

Another thing ECU's are expensive and so is the tuning (I'm running a GTS link in my R33) and don't give you that much more power they just give you a heap of potential later on for more mods.

Edited by skyla

well im sorry i cant sit here all day and read on the computer i do have a l ife and things to do

As opposed to other people, who apparently have the time to sit here and answer inane questions by you and your kind for the upteenth time because you guys can't be bothered doing any research?

Great attitude.

Most people aren't here to lecture on Car Modifications 101 to people, especially when its already been explained a million times before. They're here to learn new things, and only when they can't find it will they go and ask.....so other people with the same questions in the future can find it down the track.

If you don't care enough to actually go and look, then I'd say you don't care enough to go and modify your car. Why not go buy yourself a Corolla, don't worry about getting into the car modification culture, and just go "have your life and do your things"?

But, if you want to know how to shave 2 seconds off your ET in a NA vehicle, with almost no cost, then this article from Sports Compact Car should be your guide.

Edited by scathing

well said scathing.

and for your information, that there looks like a fully worked NA RB motor, with cam gears, individual throttle bodies with a custom looking adapter, and trumpets, extractors and an R32. what from first glance looks like a serious piece of machinery!!! nice find 1400R

i'd expect that it'd have some internals done.

thanks Eug I thought I was helping showing what a rb na built for power looks like

for those that are interested

"HSK exhaust and manifold, no cat straight 6 connected throttle funnel specification, ported head

F con V professional ecu, bucket seat, 9 point roll cage F/R strut braces, carbon bonnet"

I edited the translation a little to make more sense I hope

http://page11.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/n50442716

car looks phat to

Edited by 1400r

hmm there is some motervation back at my hex throttle conversion

DO IT!! dont be a pusseh :P:):);):)

nice work with the translation 1400R

had a look at his description doesnt look like any internal work done... i'm disappointed.

still a 2.5L hex throttle with a decent exhaust, and cam gears and decent tune. compared to my car which makes 108rwkw stock (dyno dynamics) i'd guestimate somewhere around an easily 140-150rwkw.

and sitting in a lighter r32 chassis!