SAU Community

V6 Vg30t

skidkid

I am looking at buying a Navara V6 and if the motor died I would fit a VG30t. Anybody done such a convertion? Any tips? What extras apart from motor are needed? Would I need turbo computer and AFM or just use an Apexi SAFC? Anybody know of some VG30t spares?

T or TT?The vg30dett wont fit in most cars.even cars that came with a vg30 because of the the location of the turbos.They will usually hit on the chassis rails,very wide motor and a biatch to work on.Then again the navara might be wide enough to accomidate the turbos...The single turbo version is much easier but older.

what you do is get the engine rebuilt and slightly modded, then with a turbo conversion with a decent sized turbo, do a LPG conversion and you should see 350rwhp no worries, with huge ammounts of torque...

my mate had this exact thing done to his z31 300zx (with the Navara engine)

you can find out heaps of info if you do a search, i can send u some links if u want..

At an American site (Nissan Performance Magazine - NPM) there was an article called project Pathfinder . On the later bottom end they go it out to 3.5L I think plus headwork and a cam for better torque .

To each their own but I'd be careful giving purple hearts to a heavy vehicle , particularly one that has the gear reduction in low range that can break things . Low down stump pulling torque is what cross country vehicles like and in my experience their wide ratio gearboxes work better set up like this .

Petrol turbo engines are probably not ideally suited to that app .

I look for the article and post its title .

Cheers A .