SAU Community

Fuel Pump Uprgades For R33gts25t ?

Hi all , I'm a bit confused about R32/33 GTR fuel pumps and std internal tank surge chamber . I one saw a picture of the R32GTR's surge chamber and need to know if the R33 GTST has this as well . I understand the R32/3 GTR pump goes into normal R33's and is a common upgrade . Are the GTR pumps poisonous to buy new and is the 33 version a higher volume pump ?

BTW don't need anything over the top just for absolute max 270/280 Kw .

Cheers A .

Hey thanks for that crack , the Nengun ask seems pretty reasonable I reckon . I'll PM Performance Wise as they gave real good price on my PFC/Boost control kit . If his ask is sort of similar I'll have one .

Can you keep me posted when you fit yours

Cheers Adrian .

PS. Id like to see that "pressure relief valve" because to me it looks like a pulse damper sort of like what VL's have on the external pumps mounting bracket .

Edited by discopotato03

I did the same thing, but got a nismo in tank pump (from nengun). It comes already fitted on a bracket etc, it was just plug and play really. Just slide the old one out and slide the new one in. I had fitted a walbro but when everyone started bagging them I thought I'd upgrade.

Only if you manage to get the pump cradle.

The problem with the gtr pumps is that you're replacing an old pump with another old one. Unless if you get one off a car with very low genuine kays, it's not worth it.

A pump is verey important. If the pump dies suddenly when you're wot, you'll kill the motor. If it reduces in flow over time, it can also make the motor run lean for a period of time and also kill it.

Keep in mind, that the reason why we're upgrading pumps is because we want to put out more power. We're going to need more fuel flow than stock becuase of the extra power, so if it dies, it'll be more dnagerous.

A new gtr pump wouldl be an excellent choice, but from nissan, the price is similar to the nismo/tomei pump.