SAU Community

It Seems My Car Has A Stock Immobiliser

Einstein

So my car nearly got nicked tonight by a couple of people in a stolen xr6. I heard a horn beeping outside, and lucky i've actually used my horn before, i recognised it as mine. I looked out the front and there's two people, one in my car with a lighter. I ran and got my flatmate who's a stocky italian that would beat the shit out of shit three ways to sunday and he ran out and chased them off while i dialed 000 for the cops.

This happened half an hour ago so i'm still pretty shook up about it, but the cops took details and they're sending fingerprinters and dna folks tomorrow for the shit they left behind.

Interesting fact was they got the car to turn over constantly (pulled the tumbler out and did it that way) but it wouldn't start. Car kept turning over until the starter motor burnt out a couple minutes later before we could get the battery unhooked.

So yeah it seems my 34 has a stock immobiliser built in, thank god.

The repair bill is going to be a pain in the ass =*(

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What damage is done to the igntion lock & or switch ? And I take it they just smashed the shroud off !

Damage looks to be both door locks (got screwdrivered) the steering column shroud, and the starter motor is obviously seized

Damage looks to be both door locks (got screwdrivered) the steering column shroud, and the starter motor is obviously seized

I will make a call on Monday for new locks for you, looks like they only have up to R33's but the catalogue is a few years old.

yeh same here Russ :action-smiley-069: , Ive gone to the extreem of taking x?? of my IGN fuses out at night and a couple other things i dont wish to mention under the hood for just this reason.

Well ill continue to do this untill next week when i get my car trek alarm Turned back on. :D:D

damn! U haven't been having much luck lately Mel...first the Roo now this...:action-smiley-069: but at least u still got the car in one piece! hope you get the damage fixed soon! From memory, Afro told me of an R34 wreck available somewhere...can't remember...maybe send him a PM, might get lucky on the parts u need!

Gods damnit.

These people are the very undoing of our society. They deserve no mercy or compassion, there can be no circumstances where this action can be seen in a good light, this is pre-meditated and shows a complete and utter disregard for their fellow human beings, or for the rules of our civilization. They could not possibly understand the reasons why these rules exist, and seek only to do what they wish to do with no foresight or compassion for others.

I’m fully insured and would get the money back if my car was stolen, but its the damn principle of the matter. That car is my dream and passion; I love only two things more then it, my family and my girlfriend.

The people who steal these things realize fully what they are to us and what they mean, that’s why they steal them, and they don’t care. They are selfish, deeply stupid, primitive beings that natural selection should have removed long, long, long ago.

Reading about this makes me angry.

damn! U haven't been having much luck lately Mel...first the Roo now this...:miner: but at least u still got the car in one piece! hope you get the damage fixed soon! From memory, Afro told me of an R34 wreck available somewhere...can't remember...maybe send him a PM, might get lucky on the parts u need!

i'll figure something out

one thing i've always said to people, that i have really shit luck with cars, which is why i got comprehensive insurance

my luck is going to cost me big dollars just so i dont have to spend a comparable fortune on public transport

i'm sick of this shit always happening to me

=/

Holy crap Mel, lucky you caught them in the act or you'd be forced to share public transport with some of Brisbane's fine citizens.

Unfortunately it sounds like your car is pretty undriveable, but at least you deprived the scum of at least one more stolen vehicle. They are selfish, lifeless pricks - they steal for profit, to feed an addiction, or because they want what you have. Either that or they were planning on committing further crimes with your car (ram-raiding, joyriding, carjacking etc). They are also among the reasons insurance premiums are so high.

I know it's perfect-world stuff but DAMN I hope the cops find these bastards and put them away.

Best of luck, and let us know if we can help with anything :miner: I can probably hook you up with a good price on a pager alarm or something if you're interested??

yeah unfortunately i left billy's cousin at home when i moved out of the country (as in outback, not overseas, heh)

i think i need to invest in a blinky light for my dash, or if the price is right, actually hook up another immobiliser to it, plus something that makes noise if the car is opened without keys (but noone pays attention to car alarms anyway)

Sounds to me like billys cousin needs to move to the city

Maybe a club lock too

ah yes thanks for the reminder, getting one of those also, and it can be a backup after i move to a house with a garage, like for lans and stuff

Glad to hear you didnt actually loose her....BASTARDS!!!

and to add insult to injury your going to have fun cleaning your car after they fingerprint it

that dust is very fine and gets everywhere but not too hard to clean off

my mates HSV got fingerprinted a while back and they will NOT clean it

but again good to hear shes not gone all together

RellikZephyr