SAU Community

It Seems My Car Has A Stock Immobiliser

Einstein

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bastards! Yeah some do have a stock immobiliser, my silver one did as well, we found out when they were installing the Aussie standard alarm. I actually think the Horn on the 34's is louder than the alarm I've got now. Way more annoying as well.

fingerprinters just came and got prints and dna, i've reassembled the lock and it starts fine, but if the assembly isn't together, it doesn't get ignition

thats neat

the starter motor doesn't smell very nice after starting, but at least the car is drivable until i can get the locks and column replaced, then look at replacing the starter if it starts giving me grief in the future

i think i'm gonna go see the boys at mt gravatt car wash for an in and out to get rid of all this fingerprint dust =P

oh hell

i thought i was gonna get out of this cheaply, but i noticed the little warning light on my dash telling me the airbag is nonfunctional

aren't they like 3-4 grand to replace? =/

hey now thats a good idea I may come up and meet you for a drink what time u going up?

sorry mushy, you just missed me as i went out the door i think, is all good

tuesday dinner <3

could be just a side effect from the wires being messed with, there is also a airbag light reset procedure,

Get in the car and close the door, turn the key to ignition, open the door and press the door ajar sensor button 7 times.....All within 10 secs the light should go away.

dont think you will need to replace the bag

could be just a side effect from the wires being messed with, there is also a airbag light reset procedure,

Get in the car and close the door, turn the key to ignition, open the door and press the door ajar sensor button 7 times.....All within 10 secs the light should go away.

dont think you will need to replace the bag

Also you might want to have a look to see if there is any damage to the wiring(it is the yellow loom) Give us a yell if you want to get an alarm on.

Sam

Also you might want to have a look to see if there is any damage to the wiring(it is the yellow loom) Give us a yell if you want to get an alarm on.

Sam

cool thanks will do

also, thanks for the offer but noone even pays attention to car alarms these days

i think blinky light and fkoffheavyclublock will fix any future defiling of my car =(

Sorry to hear (read) this news Mel :dry:

Hope everything gets fixed up soon.

All of my car friends went to sizzler last night and while we were eating two of the cars got keyed on every panel bar the roofs....its so so shallow, damn it annoys me >.<

Ummm, which sizzler was this?

And sorry to hear about this too...makes me :D :D

Sizzler in Maroochydore on the Sunshine Coast.

After we saw found out what had happened we went back there and spoke to the Manager and guess what we found?

The two cars that got keyed were directly under a brand new 8megapixel live security camera =)

the cops dont do jack bout it sam, my lude got done in subway mdore and i got a clear shot of the clowns doin it got the footage takin down to the cop shop and they basiclly shrug it off, typical cops!!

good luck getting the scum bags MEL

Who said anything about cops?

We know the guys who did it =) Turns out its one of the girls in our groups ex-bf's keying her new bf's car and his mates...So there will be something coming to them thats for sure. They Just dont know it yet.

Geez Mel,

I am glad your car didn't get nicked!

Time to get an alarm I think. Our club sponsor Audio Express does them for a great price I hear. If nothing else an alarm will let you know if someone is out front tampering with it.

Audio Express

Email: [email protected]

Ph: 0407 102 839