SAU Community

R34 Air Con Problem

rgr34

I have a problem with my air con, it only blows out cold air when set at 18 degress. As soon as you adjust the temperature to 18.5 or above it changes to the heater setting. It stops blowing out cold air and starts to blow out warm air.

Has any one had this problem before? know what is causing it? or knows how to help? :action-smiley-069:

Ok....hope this helps...I had the exact same problem..cold air at 18...then when 18.5 or 19 onwards it gets warm air...never really bothered me...until one day...was looking into my front bar...underneath the rego plates...there was a plug that was UNPLUGGED...didn't really know what it was but plugged it back to a socket around the same area...and what do u know....a/c climate control works fine now! It also used to automatically change the blowing mode all by itself...but after plugging tht plug back in...everything has been fine! Try it out and see if tht plug is unplugged...

no idea....cleaned plug and also cleaned temp sensor in dash with compressed air it was dusty as.... still not working properly...... on the top of the dash what is that sensor for.....??? circle looks like a solar panel on passenger side?

thanks for that ran diagnostic test... in the temp display screen ambient sensor showed 19.5'c, in vehicle sensor showed 30'c and intake air temp sensor showed 17'c. so am i right in saying in vehicle sensor is not working as it was definatly not that hot? is this sensor the one to the left bottom of the steering wheel???

Edited by rgr34

when the alarm was being installed i noticed black plastic tube no wires, asked installer what it was, he advised thats for climate control and plugged it back in...he advised he didnt unplug it. is that all it is or is there actual wire connector???? thanks in advance if anyone can confirm this! also got a flashlight and shined it into little grill.... there nothing there besides a small metal wire and round plastic surround... maybe there is no sensor in there already!

Edited by rgr34

hi ppl today had some time removed lower dash and plastic face around dials, plastic tube was plugged in however wire connector was not... this most likely was left disconnected when i had tacho problems and took it back to car yard.... they just left it disconnected......... thanks 666dan & n15mo for helping out that aircon diagnostic tool is cool! alll back to normal now.......

• 1 month later...