SAU Community

Increased Theft In Qld

IanB

Here is the scenario as I have seen it , the population of the goldy has allways had that bad element, come to feed off the holidyers, but from late 90s it has increased with the huge influx of residents, the goldy is like a magnet for these types, but they dont realise that life on the street is tough, low wages, high rents, they crash and burn.

Heres a another scenario, my car has been stolen, when driving I spot it, get on to police but they cant help, is there a security mob that does instant call outs for this sort of dilemma?

That is so true.

Heres a another scenario, my car has been stolen, when driving I spot it, get on to police but they cant help, is there a security mob that does instant call outs for this sort of dilemma?

instant is hard in any case but follow them home then call me, I'm pretty sure me and my boys can sort them out and you'll prolly get a fair few supporters from the SAU as well.

If you find your car after its been stolen and follow it to wherever its living... should be a simple matter of starting it up with your key, however they may have replaced the ignition...

If its your car theres nothing illegal about calling the towies to come and tow it back to your mechanics to get it fixed up.

I hate car theif's with a passion. They are scum.

//edit...

vigilantie bad.

Was lucky enough to get my skyline back after it was nicked. Towie showed me just how easy they are to steal.

Needless to say i ramped up the security measures when i (luckily) got it back.

I guess all in all the story would promote this:

1 it's your car, you protect it

2 insurance is a good thing... get it!

3 do what ever you can to protect your prize posession. ie: Alarm/immobiliser first (the bov can wait)

4 Fill your car full of chicky babes.... then your seen as "Pimp master"

L

Edited by Lozza150

Give the cops a break, they are flat out with real crimes, such as preventing 'mexican waves' and musical instruments at the GABBA.

:P

On a serious note, there are always going to be crime everywhere.. people that have had their car stole.. a few question tho, did you get a reasonably good immobiliser/alarm? Have you made sure you park where you think are the safest possible location? Have you locked your car? They are very simple things to do and possibly to forget (hell I forget sometime). I live on the gold coast too and have had an old shitter get broken into before (at the front of my house and the bastard came back twice), but that was in labrador close to the aldi. I'm nerver going to live there again unless I have a double garage with the cars safely inside.

Like someone said... if you like to look after your car, you need at a bare minimum get a reasonably good immobiliser/alarm installed by a reasonable good installer. Always lock your car (even if it gets hot out there, shit its better to wait for car to cool down with a/c then coming back with no car). :dry:

Always remember if someone really want your car bad, well there is shit all you can do as along as you have insurance.

Its a shame, i mean, our country is backwards, . Look at usa (not that i like usa), but their self defense laws are alot better than ours and other laws like, say if a robber was in ur house, u can shoot him in fear for your family and urself. and if hes tryin to steal your car, you can beat the crap out of him, and not go to jail. We needa damn good revamp of the laws in question.

The only deterrant is fear

and the cops just arnt very fearful.

*edit,

Here is my story,

similar to the other guy who went off his head at the cops, cause they didnt do shit when his car was stolen....

My bro just got a walkinshaw, very nice, i talked him into it, cause the price was awsome, and the kms was low, and he could resell and make money. So we had it home for about a week and a half, insurance was playing hard to get, as no one wanted to touch it, as my bro was only 18.

We went out for a skate, was only about 1.5 hours, came back car was gone. , Asked the neighbors, (they dont see sh*t in kingston, all scared), (back in 2000), calle dthe cops etc, they said after much dicking around and having to go down there, they would look into it,

Now the car had the coil lead taken off, and stuff all fuel, cause we aint stupid.. But neither were they!, they came prpared, so mustve sussed it out prior.

So we think ok, she was almost out of juice they ahd to get fuel somewhere, so we went out and scouted, each fuel station within 20 kms or so, and talked to all employees to find if anyone saw this car, i mean You cannot miss a Purple Walkinshaw that is just Pimpin like that. i mean it was Immaculate.

After 4 days, we found the a worker at a servo that had seen it, we asked them for the camera footage or if they could dig it up, the guy asked his boss and we got the ok to watch it, sure enough, was the car, and some islander guy paid for the fuel (patsey), had a hat on so u couldnt see but he mucked up, and got a glimpse of his face,.

The manager wouldnt give out the tape, as it had to be requested by the police by law, so we said ok fair enough. Contacted the detectives in charge of the investigation and told him what we had found and that he had to come and get it, and we could wait. (doing his damn work for him,). He said he would be there in 15, 15 mins gone, no show, called him back, he said he will pick it up the next day. Gave him all the details, thinking he would come thru,

Went back the next day, he still hadnt collected it. pleaded with the manager to give up the tape, she wouldnt budge, tried reasoning with her but no luck. TOld her the cop was taking his time, she replied, we have to tape over these tapes after a certain amount of time, and that she would only give it to the cop.

Went down woody station, to talk to cop and explain wats going on, we were quite upset as you can imagine but not rude in anyway, i mean we aint rich and we just lost a 25k car. He come across very rude, But advised he was sending someone to pick it up.

Anyhow, called back 2 days later, fuel shop adv he didnt come and tape was now taped over? wtf?.

Went down station and got a bit iffy at the cop at which case he threatened to arrest me, in which case i had let him have it. Didnt get us anywhere, they didnt care or give a sh*t.

Too busy eating macdonalds, to even get off their Fat ass's and go get the tape, we found!!!!!!!!

QLD POLICE FORCE. f*kin awsome!

found the car few weeks later, stripped down the the shell. got atilt tray to drag it aborad and bring it home,. was a painful day, no insurance, no value. 25k gone. they found finger prints they never told us anything about, and writing on the car in texter, we called them every week for about 2 months, then now and then each few months, never got told anything, it was aslike the case was thrown in the bin. Maybe if it was insured would be different.

I eventually rebuild the car for my bro, painted it purple, but couldnt afford to make it exactly, just rebuild as a stock 5pd rb30. but i got the Purple right :/

Edited by silverbulletR33

Man when they attempted to pull me out of my car the cops didnt even come to help, didnt even open a case.

They are god damn useless. I paid on my last paycheque (I get paid monthly mind you) about 950 dollars of tax. WHERE IS THIS MONEY GOING?

Do you mind if I quote your story?

Thanks

Ian