SAU Community

Oxy Sensor

matt_085

where in bris can you buy a oxygen sensor for a 95 r33 gtst and how much are they?? im sitting on 13ltr\100 and car isnt reved past 3500rpm normally, only has 3 inch exhaust and a boost controller set at 9psi, so i thought id replace the oxy sensor as who knows when it was last done as it has only just been imported exc.

Bosch EL Falcon O2 sensors are the best option, around $50 on ebay or from ford, just need to swap your plug over to the one in their now...although your economy is not too bad for a Skyline, but cant hurt to put a new one in, put one of these in last month, runs great.

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/EA-EL-FALCON-OXYGEN...1QQcmdZViewItem

Edited by chook

you can put it into diagnostic mode, start it, then drive it, the engine check light will flash, depending if the O2 sensor detects lean or rich, cant remember which way, check some old threads

To test;

start the car and put a multi meter across the wires - if it's gone then you will get a steady voltage reading of over 1v, probably 12v across all the wires.

The signal wire (not sure which colour) should be moving between 0 and 1v as it analyses the exh gases so if one of the wires is doing this then its probably fine.

13Lt/100k's is pretty good, unless you are only doing highway driving. but if it is driving to work, an you sit in traffic a little bit, then that is pretty good.

as for the sensor, they are the same as a n15 SSS pulsar. about $110 for a direct fit NGK one from autobarn or repco.

I went to Repco, who did not stock a O2 sensor for a 96 Nissan R33 Skyline (or the dork couldn't use his PC properly???)... however i asked for an EL Falcon one which he had as a universal 3-wire part, for $127.

I said no thanks, and will probably grab a Bosche Universal for $55 from Ebay.