SAU Community

Lost License

sky017

i lost my lisence the other night , and got 6 months + $1569 fine. i dont have to go to court or anything , but i wanted to know do i have to go for my liscence and start all over again on L's?

or do i just have to go back to the rta in 6 months and be issued with a new one? how many points do i get back?

anyone who has a similar experience = could you help me out with some info?

You dont have to go back onto your l's, you will be issued with a new licence but not a gold one if you held that before you lost it. Regarding points im 99% sure you will have the same amount of points on there as when you lost it. Your points come back 3 years from the offence date.

parramatta road - near all the import dealers , just before the city . round ashfield i think

what do you mean my points wont come back till 3 yrs after? if i have the same amount when i get my license back?

the last time I lost my lisence I'm suspended for 3 months and got to re-take both theory and practical test...I still have 12 points when I got suspended so not sure about the points

I'm in W.A so not sure how it works on the other side

once i got caught 118 in 60 zone on doublke demerit weekend when i was stupid and on my p's. got 6 months and $1554 fine and after the 6 months was up i just started driving again. didnt go to the rta or anything. now ive got full 12 points no problems

when this happened - how did you actually get your license back ? do they just send it back to you in the post or someting? or do you gotta go get photograph and all that shit ?...

the cop said theyd send me something in the mail.... i wasnt really listening , he was being to much of a tool..

but yeah looks like i got the same as you did - although he said something about knocking me up for a couple of years , "the woman copper" said hes one of the nice cops on the road.. im like yeah say that to me again .

Did you get your license suspended or cancelled & confiscated on the spot?

If you were only suspended like I have been in the past, you will get a letter in the mail notifying you of when your licence will be suspended & how long until you can drive again. You still keep your existing licence, you just can't drive while suspended.

It will all be explained in the letter.

Tough luck dude :(

Did you get your license suspended or cancelled & confiscated on the spot?

If you were only suspended like I have been in the past, you will get a letter in the mail notifying you of when your licence will be suspended & how long until you can drive again. You still keep your existing licence, you just can't drive while suspended.

It will all be explained in the letter.

Tough luck dude :(

yeah this is the way I got suspended before, just a letter in the mail informing me that I am suspended from this date to that date. and after the suspension I could still drive.

no going to RTA or doing Ls again etc..

hope this helps

p/s-sorry to hear about your license..

45km/h and over is a $1554 fine or something like that....

yeah i was just suspended for 6 months not disqualified. they juse send a letter saying your suspended from this date to this date then when that time is up you just drive again ... dont have to tell anyone etc . well i didnt and havent had a problem since and this was a few years ago now

Edited by SXC180

all those who want to know - i called up the rta today .

iv just been suspended for 6 months . and lost all my points. so what happens is - iv just gotta go and get the photo done again before the date . only thing is i have no points until im on black license . so i cant slip up ever . otherwise 3 months straight away because i have no points . but when im on blacks i get the 6 back.

i still dont know why the cop took my license - they even said it was pointless .

can i have some ones honest opinion though - since im off for 6 months should i sell my car

?

im assuming i lost my license as of today because i didnt attend the court appeal. this will be 2nd time so i guess its 6months ? f**king sucks dogs ballz time to part with the liner cause im sick of getting hassled by sydney cops.. if you have anything nice in syd and on ur p's then shit we betta take if off you! said the cop

Edited by dead32