Rick Kelly Should Have Been Shot Into The Sheets

Roy

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

What race were you watching? The racecam from RKelly's car clearly shows he punted Lowndes square in the back bumper.

I was watching this footage.

Here's the video of the accident that I made after the race:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uB-evTsJjYE

Let me know if we're talking about two different races, and if so feel free to ignore what I've said.

I had another watch of the above footage, and on first watch of the in-car cam it does look like Kelly tapped Lowndes. Especially with the way Lowndes' rear bumper flexes a bit, and then the car yaws a little.

But then I covered over the left hand side of the video and blocked Lowndes' car, so the exterior point of reference is the edge of the track rather than another moving object (which can throw off your perspective). All the way up until just past the contact, the location and angle of the line marking the edge of the track never changes on-screen.

Which means Kelly was driving on his line, and doesn't turn in to Lowndes. Of course, once the impact is made Kelly has to correct his car or drop a wheel onto the grass, which explains the change in the angle of that line on the side of the track in the in-car shot.

To me, it still looks like Lowndes drove into Kelly, not the other way around. That he did it because of what appears to be blatant blocking by the other Kelly is irrelevant to who hit who.

That he did it because of what appears to be blatant blocking by the other Kelly is irrelevant to who hit who.

I don't think it is irrelevant because the other Kelly is his brother and sort-of team mate. Again it shows that it wasn't a fair battle. The winner of that battle and perhaps the race was decided by something other than the 2 championship contenders.

I don't think it is irrelevant because the other Kelly is his brother and sort-of team mate. Again it shows that it wasn't a fair battle. The winner of that battle and perhaps the race was decided by something other than the 2 championship contenders.

I'm not talking about the battle and its fairness. I'm talking about who initiated the physical contact between the two cars, which is why I said...let me quote "who hit who"....and specificially excluded who forced the situation where that impact occurred.

Like, if you took a swing at me then it doesn't matter if I called your car a slow barge that would do its best work being scuttled off the coast and used as a home for fish before threatening to do some illegal sexual acts upon your family pet in front of your children.....in the end you punched me in the face. I didn't headbutt your fist.

You might have been severely provoked into doing so to say "why" you did it, but if someone asks for a description of what we both did then there's nothing anyone can say but you drew back and threw a punch at me after I spoke to you.

In the same way, Lowndes got blocked into a situation where he was going to lose position (and possibly a championship) that was, from a sportsmanly perspective, quite questionable. He made a move to overtake and try and muscle his way in, but came off second best. From the footage above, Rick never turn in to Lowndes. Kelly just refused to give way when Lowndes forced his way in.

Edited by scathing

The person second in the que, ie RKelly in this instance always blames the bloke infront of him for turning in on him. Unfortunately in this instance he hit Lowndes in the back bumper - somewhat distant from the B pillar which is where you are supposed to get to in an overtaking move.

In any case I doubt that Kelly intentionally punted Lowndes. The problem was his team mates actions during the weekend & the piss weak "penalty" handed out by the officials. Kelly's assertion that Lowndes didn't have sufficient speed during the weekend to beat him is laughable.

Edited by djr81

Like, if you took a swing at me then it doesn't matter if I called your car a slow barge that would do its best work being scuttled off the coast and used as a home for fish before threatening to do some illegal sexual acts upon your family pet in front of your children.....in the end you punched me in the face. I didn't headbutt your fist.

You might have been severely provoked into doing so to say "why" you did it, but if someone asks for a description of what we both did then there's nothing anyone can say but you drew back and threw a punch at me after I spoke to you.

Wow I just got home from work and I have no idea what that means. I might try to make sense of it later.

Rick was nowhere near the B piller so I don't think it's up to Craig to make room.