SAU Community

Rick Kelly Should Have Been Shot Into The Sheets

Roy

I dont know what was in tanders mind, but it certainly was strange that tanders pace picked up by a full 1 second a lap once 2 things happend. 1. black flag. 2. Rkelly is now glued to lowndes bumper. to me that says either his fuel pressure magically cleared up and his tyres healed themselves, or he decided to get back on the throttle.

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Yes, I do know better. Blocking to protect your position is 100% legal, the Officials said so at the Drivers Briefing. It's not like Tander was being lapped, it was a genuine fight for position after all. So the question is not about whether blocking is legal or not. The real question is why did the Officials say 5 laps from the end of the race was OK at the Drivers Briefing and then apply the no blocking rule with 4 laps to go?

Personally I hate blocking, if the guys is genuinely faster, let him go, he might pull you along with him. But that's why I am an amateur racer, the professional drivers don’t think like that.

:D cheers :D

Rather than repeat myself or rudely ask you to go back and read my first post

T.Kelly over cooked the corner, Lowndes had a look up the inside that's why he was there. R.Kelly wasn't @ Lowndes D-pillar @ the approach to the apex so he should have conceded the corner not used a police style immobilisation technique...Tapping-rubbing the rear bar is fine, trying to drive through your opponents rear quarter is not.

Note the first sentence... Now if you have a look at the footage from the first 3 cars on the road it's self explanatory. Maybe you are correct and Lowdes is @ fault, he should have let R.Kelly up the inside while T.Kelly blocked him in by over cooking the corner and going slow on the outside. If R.Kelly was on or forward of his D-pillar then yes he should have copped it but he wasn't he was banging around his rear bar as stated, perhaps he should have let him up the inside then forced him into the dirt ala Skaife.

Shenaniggans all-round and some very bad sportsmanship on display, sorry but i'm disappointed.

Re: Tanders blocking.....fairdinkum we all know what that was about. he wasn't racing for position with Lowndes..G.T is probably the best steerer in v8's atm imho and his car was vastly superior to Lowndes car on the day. slowing through corners (the only place Lowndes had superior speed over R.Kelly) then blasting off down the straight where Lowndes doesn't have the legs so as to bring him back to R.Kelly..Friggin sad It just aint cricket!!

Edited by madbung

yeah if only MS was there. he could have protested TK out of the race. cut RK off at turn 3 and run him into the grass and then finally make a pass on lowndes in a pit stop and go on to win. :D

SK, i gotta disagree with you on kelly..

Watching the footage, ricks well off the back of lowndes into the corner, with craig slightly on the inside of todd, todd goes wide, craig goes in hard under the picks, eveident by the brake lights being on, of todd, and rick also goes for the picks at the same time, while still a few meters clear of craigs car, when craigs into the corner, rick lets the go slowly go into craigs while shifting to the left a bit unsettling it.. thus causing craig to loose the rear and take out todd in the process

cheating 101 IMHO, same goes for tander, he'd been black flagged already for clearly blocking and denying a pass, as skaife had done on the day before, but tander chose to do it again in the closing section of the race, and a few laps BEFORE the 5 lap limit was to kick in, he knew what he was doing, and he deserved everything he got

the weekends racing was nothing short of appauling

Todd doesn't go 'wide' or 'deep' into the corner (if he did he wouldn't have made the apex) he is on the racing line where Lowndes would have been if he wasn't blocking Rick Kelly. Lowndes out-braked himself and had nowhere to go but into the side of Todd Kelly's car.

Edited by benm

Todd doesn't go 'wide' or 'deep' into the corner (if he did he wouldn't have made the apex) he is on the racing line where Lowndes would have been if he wasn't blocking Rick Kelly. Lowndes out-braked himself and had nowhere to go but into the side of Todd Kelly's car.

If Lnowdes outbraked himself, then why did Rick Kelly Liberace him???

Ford Motorsport Manager Ray Price:

“We felt we were hard done by,” Mr Price said. “We believe that there is probably a difference between a racing incident that may cost a race win or a meeting win is different to one that costs a Championship.”

This bloke needs to go jump. Every incident should be treated the same regardless of whether its the first or last race of the season and regardless of who is winning or losing the championship.

the weekends racing was nothing short of appauling

I thought it was fantastic, team tactics, drivers whinging, political correctness, team managers on stress relief, cars actually passing other cars out on the track (not in the pits), Officials arguing amongst them selves, near lap record pace in every race, drama, threats of rain, big changes in wind direction etc etc. It was captivating.

The Officials have access to the radio communications between drivers and teams, plus they have full access to the data logs from every car. So who is going to be stupid enough to lie about a fuel pressure problem when you can see it on the datalog? You can't fake it by getting off the throttle, its logged as well. Rear tyres going off, you can see it in the lateral g-force trace. Drivers can't fake a thing these days, the truth is in the data.

Ford Motorsport Manager Ray Price:

“We felt we were hard done by,” Mr Price said. “We believe that there is probably a difference between a racing incident that may cost a race win or a meeting win is different to one that costs a Championship.”

This bloke needs to go jump. Every incident should be treated the same regardless of whether its the first or last race of the season and regardless of who is winning or losing the championship.

So it is ok to win the championship by punting someone off? Because that is what was (is still) at stake.

Losing third place to Kelly meant nothing. Beating Lowndes meant everything. You have to judge the penalty handed out in that context.

T.Kelly's way deep and wide...the back page of the heraldsun shows him turning in hard to try and catch the apex and he's still about a cars width off the apex, so he either over cooked it or was trying hard to hang Lowndes out to dry while his bro snuck up the inside.... it also shows R.Kelly so far up Lowndes r/h/s rear quarter you can see the guard flexing and creasing not to mention the daylight you can see daylight under the fords rear tyres.

But thats racing...is it?

The calls for Shuey are valid without R.Ingall in the mix for the championship it was all far to nice and clean :D

Hey racing is racing. I would watch almost anything race.

I think the whole accident was just a small little error. Kelly gave him the slightest of taps while they were hammering hard under brakes and it had quite dire consequences.

What annoys me more then anything is that for the second time in two years we have had a champion who perhaps was not desrving. If Tander had got up and won the championship then i wouldnt have had a problem. Kelly has not been anywhere near as dominant as Tander , but he hasnt had the bad results.

Christ Steve Johnson finished tenth in the championship! He has been nowhere all year with the excpetion of one round. :D The points system is a joke.

Kelly won a thrown fight. Feel sorry for him in that regard. But i just dont like how he openly says his goal was to finish top 5 all year and win the championship....not the attitude i would liek to see from the guy crowned champion.

And then there is the fact i dont really like him and feel he has achieved far more then he has the right to. 2 Bathursts and Drivers Championship by 23 would have you believe he is the best driver we have seen in a good many years.

Honestly you have to respect he is a good driver, but he isnt that deserving. Sack him and bring back Thomas Mezera :D

...oh and Tander having car probs when Rick dropped back from Lowndes, only to find 2 seconds in teh car when Rick was on Lowndes bumper bar....strange coincidence. Have to say you could say it ws car problems and only raced as hard as he had to to stay ahead and fair enough. Bad sportsmanship but within the realm of possibilities. But once he was given the balck flag the pace in which he rolled through the final corners was disgraceful. At that point he was out of the picture and intentionally slowing and baulking another driver. Who happened to be racing his team mate for the championship. The way Lowndes cleared away...he had far superior car speed all race :dry:

yes, troy has awoken one of my biggest gripes. here we have a champion who (correct me if I'm wrong) has not one a single round in V8SC, or even a single race. Yet craig has had more wins, more 2nds, more 3rds. but because he missed 1 race and RKelly has been finishing in the 10 ten at near on every race he get's the championship.

also, in race two if lowndes had finished 4th with kelly 5th apparently there would have been a 3 point lead to CL into the last race.

as it was craig moved up to 3rd (and consequently kelly up to 4th) which meant craigs lead REDUCED??? how the fck does that work? how can you have a championship that penalises a driver for moving further up the order?

T.Kelly's way deep and wide...the back page of the heraldsun shows him turning in hard to try and catch the apex and he's still about a cars width off the apex, so he either over cooked it

That's a late apex corner, he is on the correct (fastest) racing line.

or was trying hard to hang Lowndes out to dry

How can you "hang someone out to dry" when you are wider than him and he is hugging the white line on the inside?

while his bro snuck up the inside

What, with 4 wheels on the grass, because that's what he would have had to do

it also shows R.Kelly so far up Lowndes r/h/s rear quarter you can see the guard flexing and creasing not to mention the daylight you can see daylight under the fords rear tyres.

That picture is too late in the incident, Lowndes has already lost it.

But thats racing...is it?

That's what happens when you block on lap 1 by choosing the diry (inside line).

The calls for Shuey are valid without R.Ingall in the mix for the championship it was all far to nice and clean :dry:

The Accumulator drove for points to win the championship last year, not his fault, blaim the stupid points system.

V8 Supercabs suck.

Sure the cars are crap, but that's where the money is going. So if you want to get paid, it's the only form of racing to be in at the moment. That's where the technology is, because it follows the money trail.