SAU Community

Rick Kelly Should Have Been Shot Into The Sheets

Roy

I guess i'll just follow you around and take all the attractive girls that you knock back...

I dont knock anything back...thats my problem. Not a tall good looking bloke like yourself. Maybe i should be pickign up your dregs :happy:

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Speedweek don't own the rights to any racing, all of those categories pay $$$ per year to be shown.

Now I have as little respect for rick as anyone.....but that really was a simple racing incident....I am sick to death of watching processional v8 races where everyone is afraid to touch each other.

"rubbings racing"

Speedweek don't own the rights to any racing, all of those categories pay $$$ per year to be shown.

"rubbings racing"

Yeh well NO other catagory will be able to afford anything other than Speedweek!

As for "rubbings racing"............ Best comment in this thread! Rick served his penalty and was just unfortunate Craig got hit, especailly by another Ford!

Anyways :happy: FORD FTW next year i say! :P

Well for the boring tripe everyone seems to think it is.... it has got a few points of view. My opinion is the blocking by Tander, not fast but you're allowed to defend... He got black flagged. Lwondes blocked or defended - kelly got into the back of him and got a drive through. End of story. Last time I noticed it was called racing, not crying on the radio because you are being held up!!! Bring back lap boards so we cant hear the wingeing for one.

All you have to ask is "Would the decision been the same in the 4th round of the series"? For mine Tander would have been let go because there would be no perception of team orders, Kelly R would have got the drive through....

So the talent challenged whimp has just won the V8 supercars??? Doesn't say much for the rest of the 32!

For mine Kelly won fair and square - albeit not in the cleanest fashion, but within the rules. Lowndes - just when he wanted to step into Brockies shoes, I hear he is bound for DJR where crying and wingeing is an age old tradition.

Bring back Ambrose I reckon, now he does have talent.

TT

in the earlier years of touring cars and the v8 series, there was barely ever a rub, or a nudge, and 99% of the time it was a genuine accident, now days its common place

the only thing that has changed is the driving standards

they gone to poo

its poor driving, plain and simple

in the earlier years of touring cars and the v8 series, there was barely ever a rub, or a nudge, and 99% of the time it was a genuine accident, now days its common place

the only thing that has changed is the driving standards

they gone to poo

its poor driving, plain and simple

Had that exact same discussion with my old man shortly after the race.... V8 Supercars is turning into the Brute Utes Series.

For what is supposedly the cream of the crop australian racing series, there is some poor behaviour that is tolerated regularly. You pull that kind of shit in JGTC, any European Touring Car Championship Series, Le Mans, F1, Indy Cars, Nascar etc... not only do you have points stripped you get MASSIVE fines for endangering your peers and in some cases repurcussions for future rounds eg. losing qualifying positions etc.

However in Australia it seems quite acceptable to give someone a nudge and a bump if you cant find another way around them... if you need to punt someone off, or trade some paint just to pass, you dont belong in upper echelon motorsports in my opinion.

Granted even the best make mistakes, and some occurences are purely accidental and can be put down to a racing incident, a lot of the stuff ive seen over this season has just been downright dangerous. People are more interested in gaining a place than their peers and their own safety.

In a year marred by the deaths of multiple australian racing personalities, u think theyd grow a f**king brain.

For what is supposedly the cream of the crop australian racing series, there is some poor behaviour that is tolerated regularly. You pull that kind of shit in JGTC, any European Touring Car Championship Series, Le Mans, F1, Indy Cars, Nascar etc... not only do you have points stripped you get MASSIVE fines for endangering your peers and in some cases repurcussions for future rounds eg. losing qualifying positions etc.

Um, the last time I saw the European Touring Car Championship Series it was like a demolition derby ( but on a race track ). And you can't tell me that there's no rubbing / nudging in NASCAR ?!?!

And let's be realistic, a clean & non-eventfull race is wonderfull to watch from a tactical point of view but when it comes to holding the majority glued to their motorsport, it's all about action ! People want to see a bit of rubbing and nudging and the occasional off / roll. Most americans go watch the nascars "just" to see those spectacular crashes. And sprint cars ?!?! The only reason people go sit in the cold, getting sprayed with dirt is to see one of those "over the fence" flips.

Why is Bathurst so awe inspiring ? 3 seasons in one day. Spanking a roo at the top of the mountain at stupid speeds. Having a wheel break away from a car and land in another car's windscreen. etc. etc. etc. Yes, from a driver's point of view it's all that you "don't" want but it's what people come to see time and time again and they are the ones who bring the $'s.

My 2 cents anyway.

Yeh, oversear tin top racing throw way more punches then the V8s. Our racing is so clean, the stewards are far too strict.

Drop the aero, reduce the brake size and put harder rubber on them. Lets increase braking distances, bring back the driving art of conserving a cars brakes etc. And lets see them move around more...

Well for the boring tripe everyone seems to think it is.... it has got a few points of view. My opinion is the blocking by Tander, not fast but you're allowed to defend... He got black flagged. Lwondes blocked or defended - kelly got into the back of him and got a drive through. End of story. Last time I noticed it was called racing, not crying on the radio because you are being held up!!! Bring back lap boards so we cant hear the wingeing for one.

The first problem here is that GT was not racing on his own merits, he was driving slower than he could simply to allow Kelly to pressure Lowndes. The second is that the "punishment" handed out to RKelly was in no way proportional to the damage he had done to Lowndes. Simply put why would Kelly care where he finished as long as he was ahead of Lowndes? Punting Lowndes won him the championship - the fair remedy would then have been to stip him of the points earned in the race. The "penalty" was like being mauled by a dead sheep.

All you have to ask is "Would the decision been the same in the 4th round of the series"? For mine Tander would have been let go because there would be no perception of team orders, Kelly R would have got the drive through....

In the fourth round of the series Tander would have been out there trying to win the race, not trying to hold up Lowndes for the benefit of his team mate.

So the talent challenged whimp has just won the V8 supercars??? Doesn't say much for the rest of the 32!

Doesn't say much for the points system.

For mine Kelly won fair and square - albeit not in the cleanest fashion, but within the rules. Lowndes - just when he wanted to step into Brockies shoes, I hear he is bound for DJR where crying and wingeing is an age old tradition.

Kelly didn't win fair & square. He was beaten in the first two races & only achieved a result in the third by punting his opposition. How is that fair & square?

Bring back Ambrose I reckon, now he does have talent.

Agreed, but he ain't coming back.

Here are GT's lap times from race two. Note how he suddenly 'found' a second a lap from lap 16?

1:45.4673

1:37.7668

1:37.9087

1:36.7994

1:36.8737

1:37.6745

2:16.9915p

1:41.5207

1:36.4804

1:36.5104

1:36.9697

1:37.0371

1:37.4534

1:38.5324

1:38.3199

1:37.4748

1:37.4753

1:38.3509

1:37.5791

1:38.0972

1:38.0625

1:37.8201

1:37.9480

1:38.2138

1:38.3389

1:38.2668 Black flag for blocking

1:38.8429

2:14.0403p

1:44.7444

1:38.4322

1:38.7484

1:39.4443

i have to admit ,,, the bitching and the tagging is probably the highest part of the entertainment in that series...

big fat RWD heavy cars all similar specs with quite a few big babies at the wheel seems to sell.

i reckon bring back the old days of the 70's where most of them drove their cars to the track and then drove home after if it was still running and racing went by the addage of win on sunday sell on monday there was nothing better than watching the old GTHO's and XU-1's and gts monaro's flogging it around a race track

Here are GT's lap times from race two. Note how he suddenly 'found' a second a lap from lap 16?
Whats to say he wasn't just preserving his tyres and brakes thru the middle of that race ready to go hard in the last 5 or so laps? Their is no law that says the drivers have to drive 11/10ths for 100% race distance (Bathurst is a good example of this).

I'm not suggesting that this was the case im just stating that their are many reasons why a driver can suddenly pickup or lose 1sec/lap (especially after just being black flagged).