SAU Community

R32 Gtst Vs R33 Gtst Stock?

Hey guy's all i really want to know which is the better performer?

The R32 RB20DET or the R33 RB25DET in stock form? I'm pretty sure the RB25 R33 has more poptential though what is better in stock form?

What are both of the their stock Specs?

I am thinking about getting one of the two cars my self. What is going to be more the better spent money?

As now days there is much $$$ Difference between R33's & R32's.

Don't tell me to hit the Search button, I already have :P.

- Turko

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One of my general rules of thumb is to buy the newest year car you can afford. (combined with the lowest km car you can afford)

If you're purely interested in performance, then i'd imagine that the r33's would have more up and go in the turbo flavours.

r33's are very roomy considering they are a jap coupe, even in the back seat a person 6 foot can sit comfortably without their knees touching their chest like in an fto,celica,32,34,supra,silvia and so on

just go drive one of each, and you'll quickly decide which you want.

here's a tip, go to a dealership and drive an overpriced example of each. then you'll get an idea of what they should go and feel like.

I'm biased towards r33's :ninja:

Sleek lines & design, powerful motor :(.

You'd be hard pressed to find a completely stock example of either cars. All it comes down to is which one you like more in terms of looks & performance.

Everyone will be repeating the usual old arguments r32 vs r33, but it's gonna be your car so go out their & make up your own mind IMO.

R32, looks better, isnt a barge, lighter, not as many around, felt nicer to drive and i drove 33s, 180s...

drive the both and then decide, thats what made my decision

I don't know how you determined that the ugly poos aren't as common. They sure as hell are common on george street on a sat ngiht. Anyone with 10k can pick up an ugly poo.

Even if they are less common, that's just because half of the ugly poos (32) with their vl looking exterior and vn looking interior (do your headlight and wiper knobs look familiar) have broken down or been written off.

The old vw beetles aren't very common. does that make it a good car :(

Oh ok, so the ugly poo drove better? not half of the ones that i've driven with their busted arse old suspensions and worn bushes (most of the old ones need work done).

You'd be hard pressed to find a completely stock example of either cars. All it comes down to is which one you like more in terms of looks & performance.

Everyone will be repeating the usual old arguments r32 vs r33, but it's gonna be your car so go out their & make up your own mind IMO.

Take each for a test drive. My driving position is a little awkward... I have about 2mm of clearance between my head and the roof (one reason the sunroof cover is always open)... and its a little tight getting in and out... but I love my car.

32, 33, Skyline, Supra, Daewoo Don't ask US what we like - get get YOU like. Except the Daewoo. Don't get that.

r33's are very roomy considering they are a jap coupe, even in the back seat a person 6 foot can sit comfortably without their knees touching their chest like in an fto,celica,32,34,supra,silvia and so on

lol bullshit... most of my mates are 6ft. they sit in the back and have like 10 cms from there head to the roof lol

Thanks for the Reply guy's.

I am really confused at the moment, R33 Or R32 it's a hard one.

What are some Pro's & Cons for both cars?

ive owned both (in 4 door) so ill tell you what i thought were pro's and cons of each:

the 32: it feels very light and nimble, almost nervous to drive it felt suprisingly quick for a 2l, i felt the plastics inside were starting to show their age lookis a bit out dated also, having a bride seat in it on a modified s13 rail meant you sat very low in the car solving any height problem, but the window height felt awkward . all in all quite a smooth car, also quite smll in its dimensions , quite aggressive when pushed, id call it the animal of the 2

the 33: you can tell theyre much larger than r32's in all directions, although they may look lardish i can tell you now they handle very well and dont feel a smidgen over weight(quite tight and nimble actually) and quite forgiving for noobs who push them too hard, the interiour (s2) is very spacious (for an import) and everything is well made, to me the engine feels very linear, not what i expected from the big block rb(lol) probably decievingly fast but not aggressive like its little brother.

so if your looking for something aggresive, a little rough and rugged go the 32

if your after something more refined but still very nimble go the 33

my choice?.... neither, buy a cefiro, best of all worlds ;);)

hope that helps :)

• 3 weeks later...
ive owned both (in 4 door) so ill tell you what i thought were pro's and cons of each:

the 32: it feels very light and nimble, almost nervous to drive it felt suprisingly quick for a 2l, i felt the plastics inside were starting to show their age lookis a bit out dated also, having a bride seat in it on a modified s13 rail meant you sat very low in the car solving any height problem, but the window height felt awkward . all in all quite a smooth car, also quite smll in its dimensions , quite aggressive when pushed, id call it the animal of the 2

the 33: you can tell theyre much larger than r32's in all directions, although they may look lardish i can tell you now they handle very well and dont feel a smidgen over weight(quite tight and nimble actually) and quite forgiving for noobs who push them too hard, the interiour (s2) is very spacious (for an import) and everything is well made, to me the engine feels very linear, not what i expected from the big block rb(lol) probably decievingly fast but not aggressive like its little brother.

so if your looking for something aggresive, a little rough and rugged go the 32

if your after something more refined but still very nimble go the 33

my choice?.... neither, buy a cefiro, best of all worlds :laugh::)

hope that helps :)

All in all not starting a debate here, what do you mean the R32 is a more aggreseive preformer?

Whats the quicker car? I thought the R33 was. What are their stock Power Figures?