SAU Community

R32 Gtst Vs R33 Gtst Stock?

Anyone with 10k can pick up an ugly poo.

and they cant pick up an R33 with 10k?

look at importing brokers, u can import R33's for about what u can R32's, and they are older ffs. why? well i can only go on what i think, i wouldnt touch one in a million years, they dont look as nice (remember, my opinion) and stock for stock they are slower in a straight line and through corners (once again, from my experience) so um... why the f**k would i want one, because its newer? hell maybe i should go out and buy a new model falcon, they are new and they are getting down to the near 10k. ofcourse im not, cos i want a car that performs, if that means i have to buy a car that is a little bit older than so be it.

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

r32's are past their age unless restored and modified (yes this a generalization but its generally true).

and i spose you think this is not true of r33's.... only 32's right?

Edited by r32line

and they cant pick up an R33 with 10k?

look at importing brokers, u can import R33's for about what u can R32's, and they are older ffs. why? well i can only go on what i think, i wouldnt touch one in a million years, they dont look as nice (remember, my opinion) and stock for stock they are slower in a straight line and through corners (once again, from my experience) so um... why the f**k would i want one, because its newer? hell maybe i should go out and buy a new model falcon, they are new and they are getting down to the near 10k. ofcourse im not, cos i want a car that performs, if that means i have to buy a car that is a little bit older than so be it.

Mate, you are a dead set tripper........

and giving information "on your experience" compared to facts. is retarded.

in my experience you dont pick up chicks that are 150 pounds and over when your smashed, wake up scream and go omg. then blame it on the alchohol. but, thats just in my experience.

lol look at the time i posted that, i dont think i was in a great frame of mind when i wrote that. but still i agree with it, from my experience the r33's ive been in feel slower stock for stock.

and FFS this site isnt a specs site, its about discussion and opinions, hence me expressing my opinion, i know they seem far-fetched to grasp but they are my thoughts, if u think they are wrong argue it properly instead of throwing childish insults like "retarded" etc.

the guy asked specifics...

and if "experience" is the case

in my "experience"... an R33 goes faster in a straight line and around corners than an R32

R33 power to curb weight is greater...

and blaming a retarded post on it being posted at 4am, is as retarded as posting it in the first place.

meh in the end all u have to do is look at the 2, R33 is bigger heavier but has better driveline, R32 is smaller and lighter but has worse driveline, stock for stock they are very similar performance but different, r32 is more agile whereas the r33 is bigger and has a bigger engine. its down to preference really.

when it comes down to it, are u prepared to pay another 3-10k ontop of an R32 (in australia) for an R33 which has arguably similar performance?

Edited by nisskid

meh in the end all u have to do is look at the 2, R33 is bigger heavier but has better driveline, R32 is smaller and lighter but has worse driveline, stock for stock they are very similar performance but different, r32 is more agile whereas the r33 is bigger and has a bigger engine. its down to preference really.

when it comes down to it, are u prepared to pay another 3-10k ontop of an R32 (in australia) for an R33 which has arguably similar performance?

do you even read whats being posted?

they are not siumilar in performance. lol

R33 is bigger and slightly heavier, hence more power stock... >_<

and obviously i am... considering i own an R33

I dont see why everyone "thinks" the r32 gtst is more agile than a r33 gts25t?? In my opinion (i have owned both) the r33 handles alot better than the r32 stock, the r32 felt very sloppy and soft which made it feel unstable on the road in a way, the r33 handles alot better, it is stiffer (one of the stiffest stock cars ive been in) and feels more chuckable than the r32 (alot of people will disagree with me on that statement but i am just expressing my opnion), it is alot more stable at higher speeds and you can throw it around corners and it will grip ,give it some gas and it will pull out of the corner really nice and smooth, its feels tight and safe.

In the straight line the r33 gts25t is the better car once again, (most of the quoted times i have seen are: r32 gtst 0-100 = 7 sec, 1/4mile = 15.00sec, r33 gts25t 0-100= 6.3 sec, 1/4mile = 14.30, but i guess in the real world it comes down to the driver and the condition of the car.

Just my 2c :)

R33 FTW >_<, i have nothing against r32's by the way, there both great cars.

Edited by nizmo_freek

I've driven a few different R33's in my time, from stock to mildy modified. I ended up buying an R32 because I prefer the looks and physical size to the R33. I like smaller cars.

Handling wise I couldn't say, the R33's handled well for their size (like the mk4 2jz supra I drove) but I disliked the physical size of both.

The handling in my 32 can't really be compared, mine came with coilovers and I haven't driven any with stock suspension. That said, I feel that the 32 is more of a drivers car and coming from a '86 911, just as fun but requiring a little more caution with the gas pedal because the motor is in the front :D

The only downside to the 32 IMO is the lack of lowdown torque.. hence an RB25 conversion is part of the longterm plan :laugh:

I dont see why everyone "thinks" the r32 gtst is more agile than a r33 gts25t?? In my opinion (i have owned both) the r33 handles alot better than the r32 stock, the r32 felt very sloppy and soft which made it feel unstable on the road in a way

Your r32 must have been a sh*t example because i have driven at least 3 r32's with stock and/or modified suspension and i would never describe it as "sloppy". And as above, the quoted time for an r32 gts-t is 6.5 seconds not 7...

it is alot more stable at higher speeds and you can throw it around corners and it will grip ,give it some gas and it will pull out of the corner really nice and smooth, its feels tight and safe.

agreed.

Your r32 must have been a sh*t example because i have driven at least 3 r32's with stock and/or modified suspension and i would never describe it as "sloppy". And as above, the quoted time for an r32 gts-t is 6.5 seconds not 7...

I can assure you my old r32 was not a "shit example", it would have been one of the better example's in N.Z in my opinion, every other r32 out there on the market in n.z today is usually an old ruggered peice of trash, you very really find a good example of a r32 gtst in n.z anymore, my old car was a 1989 model and had 125xxxkms on the clock when i got it and it was in excellent condition!! so i would hardly call my old r32 a shit example.Have a look at the link in my signature and tell me if you think it was a shit example??

Have you ever driven a r33 gts25t?? when i said the r32 feels "sloppy and soft" i was comparing it to the r33, the r33 feels more sporty!! i wasnt trying to piss anyone off i was just expressing my opnion (thats what a forum is for after all isnt it??)

I also had a resonably well setup suspension setup in the r32, BC Coilovers, front and rear strut braces, nolathane upper arm bushes it did handle extremly well so no complaints there (the spring rates were a bit harsh for daily driving).

Im not bagging r32's, they are great cars!,i was simple having my say and expressing my opinion,as i said earlier the r32 and r33 are both great cars!

Edited by nizmo_freek