SAU Community

R32 Gtst Vs R33 Gtst Stock?

No prizes for guessing which model i have, i chose my car becuase i like the look of the s2 33, but find the s1 ugly,i have a family with two young kids, so the size of the 33 was a big plus. I do track days with SAU NSW members and the 33 is the best handling car i've owned. I have never driven a 32 but i have to say it was the 32 gtr's of richards and skaife that got me interested.

The choice is personal taste, i don't know if the weight advantage of 60-80kg's is going to make the 32 any better of a car around corners and to tell the truth i don't care, i love my car and i'll keep driving it as hard as i can (at the track of course!) I feel comfortable and have confidence in that i know what it's gona do and when. My advice is the find a car you feel the same way with too, either car is as good as it makes you feel.

They're both Skylines and depending on who you ask one is better then the other, but the one which is better for you is for you to decide.

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow... great helpful post there Nisskid, I'm sure the OP has taken your post into consideration as it would be definately the most helpful post so far.

Take your childish comments elsewhere. Perhaps you should go hang out with the boostcruising boys.

Oh. and R33's are only good if you need a car to buy your weekly groceries LOLLLL :wub::wub::/

Really? the boot in my 32 is a damn sight larger than any 33 boot (except maybe a 4dr.. haven't seen their boots). I can still fit a shitload of shopping in there even with my sub.

lol yeh cos thats all there is to a car :worship:

the interior is also better... the styling. ect...

wow u beat a GTS-4...congrats, they are heavier than R33 gts-t's and still only have an RB20 in them, u must feel honoured. sorry but street dragging is no way of measuring speed, even though the R32 in that scenario was a shit heavy one, for all we know he could have been a shit driver aswell.

and your rwd gts-t still only has an Rb20. god your a n00b.

Perhaps you should go hang out with the boostcruising boys.

he does, hence why hes such a dick.

Wow... great helpful post there Nisskid, I'm sure the OP has taken your post into consideration as it would be definately the most helpful post so far.

Take your childish comments elsewhere. Perhaps you should go hang out with the boostcruising boys.

wtf ur the one trying to claim that the R33 is faster based on a street race.

the interior is also better... the styling. ect...

and your rwd gts-t still only has an Rb20. god your a n00b.

he does, hence why hes such a dick.

this thread is about performance, not styling, keep on track. i know RB20's arent as good u tool, read my posts, its the weak point of R32's compared to R33's, just like the weight is the weak point of R33's, and when u combine those weakness's together (r32 GTS-4) its gonna be slow.

and wtf since when do i ever post on boostloosers.com? i finally figured out why ur such a tool to me, ur that little bitch that was having a whine in the Vic Wasteland, get a life ffs, having a grudge on the internet just displays ur pathetic character.

I had the same debate when i went skyline shopping

I orginally wanted a 32 gtst, but after seeing the prices they go for i decided to also look at a 33 gtst

The r33 ended up the winner for me because:

It handled better than the 32 that i drove (they both had coilover kits)

Power delivery in the 33 felt a lot better

More room in the 33 which is good for me as i often cart around a few boxes + i think the interior is nicer

It had lower k's and i could insure it for more :huh:

Sure it has the extra weight, but it also has the .5 L capacity to make up for it

That said i'd still love a 32 as i absolutely love the shape, but the 33 is starting to grow on me

In the end we are all winners - we drive skylines :P

its a known fact that many believe the R33 skyline is the failure in the skyline series.... (prior to the release of the v35 lol)

Just remember that this statement was made about the GTR's. So in all why get a skyline if it's not a GTR. 32 GTR FTW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Haha. j/k. I reckon the 32's look better but i no alot of people that reckon the 33's look better. As long as we all agree that they both look better than the huge ass end of a 34 :P.(i love the look of the front of the 34's but i just can't stand the rear of them)

wtf ur the one trying to claim that the R33 is faster based on a street race.

this thread is about performance, not styling, keep on track. i know RB20's arent as good u tool, read my posts, its the weak point of R32's compared to R33's, just like the weight is the weak point of R33's, and when u combine those weakness's together (r32 GTS-4) its gonna be slow.

and wtf since when do i ever post on boostloosers.com? i finally figured out why ur such a tool to me, ur that little bitch that was having a whine in the Vic Wasteland, get a life ffs, having a grudge on the internet just displays ur pathetic character.

lol i dont think you even know what your posting....

a few posts before this one, it was about performance. and now its not...

stop posting child. your making yourself look foolish.

^^i may have missed what u said, but the RB25 actually has more torque down low.

lol i dont think you even know what your posting....

stop posting child. your making yourself look foolish.

no argument? just gonna throw around a few more immature insults?

hang on what? that makes no sense, ur saying this thread isnt about performance anymore? i dont think ive tried to argue about anything except performance.

Edited by nisskid

damn this thread could be moved to boostcruising! they'd understand it all, 5pages of crap.

Turko, go and test drive as many cars as you can, then sit down and make your own desicions, its easy for us to say this is faster, that one performs better, but what we say you mighten agree with when you acually get in the car and drive it for yourself.

one thing is sure....take your time before you buy the car, never buy the first one you look at or drive.

CJ :(

^^100% agree, like ive said its mainly personal choice and these threads really dont help the original poster, more of a vent for individual members. in the end u have gotta get in the 2 cars and take them for a drive and then make ur mind up.

• 2 weeks later...

I honestly dont see any need for the mild hostility.. i mean after all we all on SAU drive skylines of different models, or other models but it doesnt make squat difference!

ITS STILL A NISSAN! Obviously ppl hav different opinions on how the car performs which is fine!.

Anyhow i think theyre both great cars, iv driven both. I cant say either ones better cos they both look/perform just as well.

Its just a pleasure to see another skyline driver wave back at you on the road. I dont see that sort of behavior amongst other cars, eg honda's etc.

Its just a pleasure to see another skyline driver wave back at you on the road. I dont see that sort of behavior amongst other cars, eg honda's etc.

Hahahaha i do that too :stupid: alot of skylines give me a funny look..

Reminds me of the "Motorbike nod"

Its like the nod/wave means "How frikken awesome is this " :yes:

This thread is a absoloute crack up....

33's are great, i had one, love the shape of the 32 allthough i have never driven one...

34 rocks but...

As it was posted before you all drive skylines so your all winners :laugh: