SAU Community

R32 Gtr 4wd To 2wd Switch

SLO-W32

Hi i was just wondering how hard it would be to connected a switch to be able to change a R32 GTR from 4WD to 2WD and back & forth ?

i have heard it is possible to do and does anyone know how much it costs? and where you would be able to get it done?

N I B. quick question.

Most times it seems that the switch is connected to the fuse inside the cab near the drivers knee.

When I chased mine down, I wired into the fuse in the engine bay box. This, according to the schematics I have, just removes power to the ETS motor, not the ABS motor as well.

Is there a bad point to doing it this way, or is it just easier in cab?

(other than the link being higher current run)

The way you've done it is the better way because (as you pointed out) the engine bay fuse disables 4WD only and leaves ABS functioning. The cabin fuse kills both. The reason most people use the in cabin fuse is it's easier as less wiring. Providing you used thick enough wire there will be no problem with the higher current.

does it pulse? I can't remember for sure, but I'm pretty sure I've done a standing burnout before with the engine fuse out. could be wrong those, i may have used the cabin one those times.

• 4 years later...

Can anybody currently get their hands on a 2wd/4wd switch for a 32? I know this is a prehistoric thread but i'v looked everywhere and no one seems to know. Cheers.

Jesse.

Ive got one of those torque splitter and RWD/4WD switches in one... though everytime i flick the RWD swith while the car is running it blows the fuse, though if the cars off and i flick it and then start the car it works fine

Any ideas on why and how to fix it?

so is it true you cant do a standstill burnout with ABS functioning?

I can do a standstill with ABS enabled but if i ease off the brake to start moving it doesn't like it.. pedal gets really hard and won't let you slow the car up again until the rears stop spinning.

I have a switch and a method for 2WD (it's pretty much 33gtr setup) and it doesn't disable ABS, if I wanted to hook a switch for this I just need to tap into the ABS fuse yes?

Ive got one of those torque splitter and RWD/4WD switches in one... though everytime i flick the RWD swith while the car is running it blows the fuse, though if the cars off and i flick it and then start the car it works fine

Any ideas on why and how to fix it?

Are you doing it while dead still? You can't change it while the car is in motion

Haha, funny dude..

I have been in a Gtr that would switch while driving, is it just bad to do it when cruising or has he done something more? It looked like more than just a switch wired in.

Also, my front/ rear torque gauge thing(to the left side of cluster) doesn't respond and sometimes my tyres screech around corners, does this mean I'm only running 2wd?

Cheers guys.

Ok, silly me. all this talk about fuse breakers made me do the obvious.. CHECK MY FUSES!! Turns out my(under the hood) 4wd fuse was put in the empty spot nxt to where it should have been. It look intact so I went to put it in place(with ignition off obviously) and I could hear a buzzing from the rear of the car so I panicked and pulled it. Is this normal? Can any of u gurus work out why he would have moved the fuse out of line? Cheers again.

Jesse.