SAU Community

Buying My First Skyline

Pauly33GTS-t

Well ive done quite a bit searching (no doubt like adz2332 did) and I think ive found the right vehicle.

1996 R33 Series 2 RB25DET manual,turbo. silver.

looking forward to completing the inspection and payment by end or mid this week sometime so I can go for a few cruises with u guys over the coming months.

I wanted to buy stock, and then mod it all myself and I think ive found just the right car to start thinking about some serious mod projects. it looks nice and clean apart a key scratch which im getting fixed asap and its dyno @ boostworx shows 156kw at the wheels now on stock boost, 5zigen exhaust system and a pod air filter from K&N.

so pending the events coming up during this important week, its looking bright for the future.

forum rule (so ive found out)

pics or ban

:P

sure... heres the link to the car...

http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/in...9&hl=Zertek

im setting up RAA check today and finalising payment within next 2 days for him then hopefully by end of this week ill have it in the garage.

ill post a few pics up in a sec from that link there for people who are too lazy to click.

sure... heres the link to the car...

http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/in...9&hl=Zertek

im setting up RAA check today and finalising payment within next 2 days for him then hopefully by end of this week ill have it in the garage.

ill post a few pics up in a sec from that link there for people who are too lazy to click.

looks good mate almost identical to mine! What did you end up paying for it?

well havent payed zertek yet, but we agreed on an amount under 15 grande.

as i said, pending RAA inspection which I think should pass the test. car drove smoothly on the test drive no steering wheel rattle, corrected nicely etc. now compression test and stethoscope test for the bottom end then by end of this week hopefully i got it. no reason apart from RAA telling me motor is on its way out that i shouldnt have this car in my possesion in a few days.

Edited by SAZilla

Beware that the RAA are often very hard on cars inspection wise, which I think is good - I had a car inspected and they even commented on "wear in drivers carpet" - lol the car was like 4 years old, were they expecting new!

Look at the list that they provide, and make your own mind up as to whether you think the things they find are acceptable or not.

Most of all, best of luck with the new purchase mate.

Beware that the RAA are often very hard on cars inspection wise, which I think is good - I had a car inspected and they even commented on "wear in drivers carpet" - lol the car was like 4 years old, were they expecting new!

Look at the list that they provide, and make your own mind up as to whether you think the things they find are acceptable or not.

Most of all, best of luck with the new purchase mate.

They can go the other way as well. My mate was selling a car and had a check done from a potential buyer. The RAA listed a noisy diff, which the car never had any problems, or diff issues. It was the guys personal opinion of how the car was.

Also, they cannot pick up everything that could be wrong with the car. I had a check done on my car when i first bought it, but it didnt stop the engine from letting go within 3000kms due to a dodgy 100k service at local turbo tune-rs. :P

So should I still go with the RAA? im a member so i thought id get it a bit cheaper and if they are RAA approved they got to be up to some standards.

I wasn't suggesting you didn't use them, but rather you don't take everything they say as gospel, but make up your own mind about what they've written.

oh k. i just paid for the full inspection 202 dollars. this definitely is the car i want to buy but of course for peace of mind, i just have to do it. 2moro ill get the results stick em in here and u can tell me what yall think.