SAU Community

Forged Internals...

Im thinking of getting the whole works done to my engine.. Engine is pretty healthy, currently running stock boost, stock everything.. No cooler with only a HKS pod. Was thinking of getting the important thing out of the way, that is a strong engine that can give me big power output with a new 800hp turbo. I really want at least 400rwkw later on down the track which is reasonable imo... or am i asking too much?

When we're talking about a forged/stonger internals, does this mean the whole needs a rebuild? Meaning, do the piston rings need anywork (machining/grinding perhaps)? Or does the mechanic just throw out the old ones and chuck in the ones in?

The things that need replacing that come to my mind are;

-Conrod

-Piston rods

-Piston head

-Cam shatf

-Valves

-Valve springs

-Injectors

-Cam gears

Is there anything else i missed out?

Also, do the piston rings, pistons, cams, conrods come in like in a kit, all togeather?

Edited by Janissary

Bud,

Anything is achievable with the right $$$. You can buy kits from various Japland / AU locations, shop or companies, or you can piece the parts list all together yourself.

Hit this forums search key till your finger bleeds, and you near have an epileptic attack, then call one of the many engine builders spoken of on this forum about what you want.

Hope this helps

- Michael

ah headgasket would be a major one, also new ARP headbolts, mainbolts

if ur gonna do that much work, then getting the crank shotpeened and a good look over wouldnt go astray either.

Its extra money, but if ur gonna go the whole hog, then wouldnt getting some sort of porting done to the exhaust and inlet be an idea as well.

You can get Pistons and rings in a Kit, ACL do this (fogies)

the conrods come by them selves, usually with ARP2000 bolts.

You can get Cams and gears in a package buy, just have to look around but make sure u get the correct cams to suit ur needs.

well if you have large budget do the valve springs bore,

quite a large population of ppl say you need to rebuild first then increase power...

I personally feel, increase power to say 350hp get used to it....large power is all good on paper but driving it is quite scary....

+ if you are after 400rwkw, that's 530+rwhp, youll need stronger drive shaft, stronger gearbox, better breaking system....at which point you'll be better off getting a GTR starting from rb26 engine...

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks for all the advice guys.. at the moment, I'm just trying gather all the internal parts with top of the line well known brands and the next step will be looking for a reliable, honest, professional builder/mechanic.

I just want to get the important thing out of the way, having a strong reliable engine which i can build on and wouldn't feel the need to open the engine up after turbo upgrade etc..

Edited by Janissary

If you have a healthy engine why throw it away? :P

Have you ever felt how a car drives/handles that makes over 400rwkw? Saying you want it, then having to live with it are two differant things. Most ppl that are making this power, usually don't drive them often, as they are pretty damn annoying on the street.

Speak to Vic at EAS Perfomance, Airport West. Tel: 93302001.

I have been using them for 6yrs and my car is still going strong, making 257rwkw on the std bottom end (power soon to be increased).

The latest 33gtst they built made 487rwkw, WITHOUT the NOS system hooked up, at this years Autosalon Semi-final :)

RB25 with T04Z, head porting, cams, wolf3d, etc.

its around 20k from a stock car to 400rwkw RB25 that wont die on ya :)

Yep... Have to agree, $20K+.

That's how much the driveline cost for the green R33 gts-t: Engine, clutch, fuel system, ecu, turbo, cams, porting, etc.

Should last years. No reason why a built motor should not last if correctly built together and correctly looked after

If making that power for a long time, after 3-4 years/80-100k kms the motor might need a freshen up, but not because its died.

Maybe some new rings and bearings etc. But nothing overtly dramatic

thats good didnt realise how good these skylines actually are and how well built they are, ive had a few other p platers in vr-vt's try and race me before but i didnt because im gonig to look after it like a baby

Talk to Ben @ Racepace Motorsport before you buy/do/hand over any money for any parts.

9762-9421

He built me a damn strong RB25 18months ago, and it took an absolute beating the whole time before i sold it :laugh:

Thanks for the tip, I'll give him a call or see him in person some time during the coming 2 weeks.

so you want togo from stock with a pod filter to 400rwkw atleast, your gona need a shitload of cash for starters.... not a bad jump lol

It'll take time thats for sure, a year or even more.. not in a hurry

If you have a healthy engine why throw it away? :laugh:

Have you ever felt how a car drives/handles that makes over 400rwkw? Saying you want it, then having to live with it are two differant things. Most ppl that are making this power, usually don't drive them often, as they are pretty damn annoying on the street.

Speak to Vic at EAS Perfomance, Airport West. Tel: 93302001.

I have been using them for 6yrs and my car is still going strong, making 257rwkw on the std bottom end (power soon to be increased).

The latest 33gtst they built made 487rwkw, WITHOUT the NOS system hooked up, at this years Autosalon Semi-final :)

RB25 with T04Z, head porting, cams, wolf3d, etc.

Well i got 150 on compression test which is pretty good i heard considering the age of the car, but i need stonger internals and wouldn't feel the need to open the engine up later on. Look at it this way, a rebuilt engine is pretty much like a brand new engine but you have forged internals that can hold up more boost/load.

Only drive the sky on the weekends, once a week maybe? Got an EL on gas as a everyday car!

Edited by Janissary