SAU Community

Kids Race Day 06, Op

OZ GTR35

All,

Last year I assisted the Nissan club by driving some young and underprivelaged kids around Oran Park North cct for a few hours. THIS IS NOT A TRACK DAY! You will be driving kids as young as 5 around the track and limited to 80-100Km/hr.

If you are able to assist, please PM me and I will send you the entry form and sup regs.

Please see the below link for more detail.

Thanks

http://www.performanceforums.com/forums/sh....php?t=67210623

so do you actually need to have a cams licence? or can you get a day licence?

I haven't really researched into the way cams licencing works.

No one day cams licence will be available for the day, again this is not a race day so there will be no CMAS officials available. If you dont have the L2S book you cant drive. Sorry

I will be marshalling for half the day, and driving for the other half.

Given my lack of turbo, I'll probably drive in the afternoon where the heat won't affect my car as much.

Look forward to marshalling for you again. :laugh:

OK,

Looks like its just me and possibly Steve, my work mate with the white WRX wagon. Pitty we could not get more people involved.

Thanks anyway Oz

Paul I followed the link and read the information, it sounded to me as if they head to many cars last year and "marshalling was a problem".

I would love to do something for the kids but tell me from your experience, would I just be getting in the way. (you know I get uncomfortable in crowds unless I'm p155ed and there is a live rock band)

Paul I followed the link and read the information, it sounded to me as if they head to many cars last year and "marshalling was a problem".

I would love to do something for the kids but tell me from your experience, would I just be getting in the way. (you know I get uncomfortable in crowds unless I'm p155ed and there is a live rock band)

you're a classic!

well it looks like I'm officially out of action now... maybe next year.

good work guys, such a fantastic cause!!!!

Perhaps on the South Circuit, where the race cars and the bigger street cars (like the Lamborghinis) were running, but I was marshalling at the North Circuit, where the street cars ran, and we ran like clockwork. There was a pretty good turnout of cars. Not massive, but at the same time we didn't have people queuing half way back past the dirt course either.

Paul's GT-R was pretty popular with the kids if I remember correctly (The Wiggles in the CD player notwithstanding), as was the Ferrari 360 Spyder F1 that also ran for a half a day.

Liz, if you want to do some non-car related assistance we'd really appreciate it as well. I realise its not as glamourous as driving, but every little bit helps. Even helping to load and unload some of the kids from the car, given that some are movement impaired, would be really helpful. Otherwise, come do some flagging.

Edited by scathing

Bonkers,

Last year I turned up and drove about 20-30 Kids round the nth cct, 3 laps each time. Had to go by 12pm to take Bailey home who was still on 1 yr old. Felt like I did my bit, so please turn up, as I have had no feedback on numbers. Worst case we have a couple of beers and head home early. Call me to discuss if needed.

Paul, I'm interested but can you give some me quick run down and what time/where etc... :P

Dave

Ok,

Need to be there about 8 for the driver brief and sign on. OP Back entrence no tthe main pits. Make sure you have your L2S. Thast all I did last year. All directions are give on the day. its a good purpose just turn up and do your bit. Thanks