SAU Community

Track Day, March 28, Awd Shoot-out Finalised Gtr Vs Evo Vs Wrx

MountainRunner

FEATURE EVENT, FOR 2007

Wednesday March 28, Afternoon Session

(Morning session will be as normal for everyone, book in now)

ALL WHEEL DRIVE SHOOT-OUT

GTR vs EVO vs WRX

Three Makes, two classes, six teams, 36 cars, one winner

Classes:

There will be two classes, street and race. These will be determined by the type of tyre used. Your tyre type (make and model) must be submitted on application. The final classification shall be at the organizers discretion.

Street – Cars running street tyres only.

Race – Cars running semi slicks only.

Teams:

Each team will be made up of 6 cars. There will be 6 teams, 3 race teams and 3 street teams.

There will be a maximum of 36 cars on the day.

Events:

There will be 9 cars on the circuit at any time, maximizing the chance for best lap results.

The following events will be run:

1. TIME ATTACK

Clubman and National Circuits

The fastest lap on the track gets maximum Time Attack points.

2. RACE WIN

The Best 8 laps out of the 10 done will be tallied, and the lowest total gets the Race Win.

3. SHOOT OUT

Clubman Circuit

Each driver nominates a lap time and gets one hot lap to match it. The closest driver to their nominated time wins the Shoot Out.

4. CONSISTENCY

The Best 5 laps are taken, the driver with the least spread in lap times is the most Consistent.

The top 10 finishers in each category will be allocated points. These will be from 10 points to 1 point.

Each team will also be allocated the points from the individual results from 10 points to 1 point.

Result:

The results from all events will be tallied and the top three finishers will be hailed AWD champions.

The team results will be tallied and the top vehicle make will be hailed the 2007 best AWD.

Application:

To be eligible for the event you MUST have driven at one other Time Attack event.

You must submit your tyre make and model for the event and car details.

The event cost is $150.

Please submit an application and I will confirm your place.

If you are not a member of the track day mailing list, PM me your email address or join at:

www.TimeAttack.com.au

me too, as per my email yesterday. Street Class, Federal 595SS tyres. Car is in full street trim. Have run a 1:01.59 Sprint & 1:01.85 Sportsman on these tyres at an earlier Time Attack day.

the format sounds like alot of fun. good stuff Paul!

Hey Guys, so far I have:

Race Team:

1. Giant

2. Mark Berry

3. Jetman

4. maccattack

5. J-Boy

6. Rajon

Street Team

1. Willo

2. hrd-hr30

3. shanef

Expressed interest, but not formally booked, or needs to also book in Feb 2 date to get at least 1 track day down.

IanB

My-Toy33

frankxinyu

lunatikk

Majorsick

stephen22

Baysidebluebnr33 (plus Don in EVO)

Thanks guys, the Skylines have put down a team and some straight out, the EVO and WRX guys only have a few numbers so far !!

Paul

• 3 weeks later...

Things will be touch and go for the feb run for me paul, im spending some money on the car in january when I get paid (monthly pay is really pisspoor) and I dont know if I can afford to run in the feb track event on the 4th.

I will update you on the 15th when I get paid.