SAU Community

Whats Wrong With My Brakes

ali-turko

hey guys

a couple of days ago i changed my brake pads to bendex ultimates,

after chaging them my pedel was spongy but if i gave it a couple of pumps it would go hard like normal, anyways i tried bleeding the 2 front brakes and the abs unit and the was no air coming out.

ov changed the pads before the same way and didnt have a problem. can some please help me

bleeding the brakes and changing the pads don't have to go together.

When you bleed the brakes you should start with the wheel furthest from the master cylinder and work your way to the closest.

Try that first it will only cost a bottle of fluid.

unless you have thread tape on the nipples you cant bleed them yourself.

you can cheat by putting the worn out ones in pumping the pedal to take up the slack.

then open the bleeder nipple and using a screwdriver push the pad into the caliper by levering the screwdriver

against the disc and the pad wedging it back pushing the pistons in. this will force the excess fluid out of the caliper. rather than pushing the old and posibly air filled fluid up the brake hoses.

omg these brakes are pissing me off, just bleed them 3 times and each time a shit load of air came out, but the was no change to my breaks at all, has my master cylinder shit it self??

started with rear left then right, front left then right and the abs unit, what the hell is wrong

can some please help me out