SAU Community

Sau Group At Track Day

MountainRunner

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm keen for morning (cooler temps + prefer the clubman track) and am willing to help out.

Im keen to hit the tracks... but dont laugh at me for being lame please.. im sure of the average is

1:10.00 etc ill come in something like 7:59.00.

Insurance isnt covered though on the track.. ngghhhh..its my only car.. i dont want it dinged up from peeps hitting me in the bum cause im too slow.

Can i sit in someones car the first time to see what its like?

*begs*?

Chris, with the way Paul runs the day and the rules in place there is like a 0.0003% chance of you rubbing panels with another car...

The only damage you could possiblly do is yourself.

However id be happy to take you for a blat round as a passanger if your not comfortable at first.

Im keen to hit the tracks... but dont laugh at me for being lame please.. im sure of the average is

1:10.00 etc ill come in something like 7:59.00.

Insurance isnt covered though on the track.. ngghhhh..its my only car.. i dont want it dinged up from peeps hitting me in the bum cause im too slow.

Can i sit in someones car the first time to see what its like?

*begs*?

i've never seen anyone connect with anyone out there so i wouldn't worry about that, just need to be aware of who is around you thats all.

hitting a wall is pretty unlikely unless you get really out of shape (or attempt to drift or sonething)

that said you are pretty much guaranteed to go off the track if you drive like you should

Edited by nF

Chris, with the way Paul runs the day and the rules in place there is like a 0.0003% chance of you rubbing panels with another car...

The only damage you could possiblly do is yourself.

However id be happy to take you for a blat round as a passanger if your not comfortable at first.

I may take you up on that offer just the first time so i can get my feet wet.

Thanks heaps col..

Its kinda like swimming the first time as a nipper.. you need someone to hold your hand (mind you i wont hold your hand.. prob just the jesus bar)

yea i was a bit scared the first time , and bit scared of wrecking my car. But like paul and others said. Just drive at your own pace. so i just had a go. After the 3rd lap i started to really feel alot more comfortable. Just takes some getting used to Driving in a helmet :happy:

• 2 weeks later...

Bring on the VTEC yoh. :) Seriously Glen, it would be great to see you out there again!!!

Hi Paul,

dont have the GTR anymore but I'm still keen to take the integra out to the track and see how it does against the boys :D

looking forward to your track-day emails again.

glenn

Bring on the VTEC yoh. :) Seriously Glen, it would be great to see you out there again!!!

woah.. the great Peter has spoken... i would definitely want to keep up with yours and Jason's times on the track :)

arent you selling the skyline and getting a x5 instead? :)

Ah,yes. I am trying my hardest to keep it as long as I can. But I can only hold off the inevitable for so long!!! 2 kids will have the affect. Second one due in April.

Have you done anything to the mighty CIVIC to make sure you will be able to keep up with Jason and I?? Just remember you haven't got the mighty GTR to back you up now. It will all come down to driver skill. :)

woah.. the great Peter has spoken... i would definitely want to keep up with yours and Jason's times on the track :)

arent you selling the skyline and getting a x5 instead? :)