SAU Community

My Aircon Saga

IanB

Hi all

So my aircon broke recently right...

I had it regassed and a VQ35 conversion done on it. A few days later, no workies.

Anyway, I took it back and they told me it had no gas in it anymore so it must have a leak. Okay I thought, ill come back when I have time. They were a 35 min drive away so I cbf going back.

So I take it to Mr Cool in milton. They tell me my compressors seized and something else is f**ked. 1.2 grand to fix. I think bugger that, id rather coilovers.

I take it to another mob in milton, they bring in an auto sparky to look at it and he says its electrical but he doesnt know whats causing the problem. They say they wont touch it because its the third diagnosis and its an import.

so I get a new AWD controller installed and the clock stops working for some strange reason. Happens alot, apparently. I decide to go through my fusebox and find not a 10A fuse broken like I expected to find, it being a problem with the clock, but a 20A blown.

I replaced said fuse tonight. Still no clock, but the aircon works again.

So not only did I miss the obvious, so did 3 other qualified mechanical / auto electrician workshops.

can you say omfg?

Im just happy aircon works now.....

Except when it comes to ignition problems and fuel pump connections!!!! :rofl:

But in all honesty Dan, I think you're great. Always ready to help wherever and whenever you can!! :laugh:

Hence why I do almost all the work to my own car, especially electrical as I seem to know more about R34 electronics than any workshop out there.

Welcome to R32 ownership, your clock is only there when it wants to be there, wait for your headlights to stop working at random intervals. Both my 32's had the same problems.

You'll also one day experience the joy that is R32 climate control deciding on your behalf that you really don't want cold air, you want hot air, and lots of it, forever.

i hear so many problems with other peoples cars i got no idea why but my car is fine and i havent had any problems with it what so ever.. the clock has never died the air con doesent decide i want hot air :laugh:

i must be doing something right :rofl:

ian if u still end up haveing problems with ur air con or any one for that matter give us a yell, my dad is a fridgy.. he should beable to help you guys out for half the price these other guys are chargen you.

Except when it comes to ignition problems and fuel pump connections!!!!

There is only so much I can go by over the phone, especially with such poor, poor details...such as "the thingy with the wires and the plastic bit" :laugh:

You'll also one day experience the joy that is R32 climate control deciding on your behalf that you really don't want cold air, you want hot air, and lots of it, forever.

Oooh ooh I had that one in the white R32, I gave the actuator clip a good go with some epoxy glue and fixed it a treat.

00MFG - there u go

hey i think i saw you driving down the m1 the other day. thought i might tell u that your stone guard is loose on the LHS. nice ride anyways i like your rear wing(lip). i was in a little green car trying to catch up to you. haha.

Yeah it is, but its not scraping. I have new ones, I will put them on when I have half a moment.

Or I will just remove the ducts alltogether and just leave the stoneguards there...

I think I remember the little green car gunning it... I was like wtf is that d00d doing in that little G-Specer? :laugh:

I hit the M1 alot... its 50 KM's between here and my GF's, then 50 KM's back :)

dAmN man! 50km = 100km trip, you must be a rich kid, or your gf must be rich to help u with the gas.

Hey i need stone guards, if your thinking of taking them off or whatever, hit me up first ill been keep to take them off your hands for the right price.

Is yours wing (lip) genuine? or like a just jap copy? did you have to drill new holes to fit it on?

rEsPeCt the green beast. chomps skylines hahahahah

thats a pretty dissapointing story you have there ianb..

im an auto electrician id shoot myself if i didnt pick up that it was an eletrical fault within 5 minutes. the first thing i learned on the job was to check all the fuse that you could find!

glad to hear its sorted although you may still have a problem if the fuse has blown, it may blow again.

So not only did I miss the obvious, so did 3 other qualified mechanical / auto electrician workshops.

can you say omfg?

Im just happy aircon works now.....

lol didnt last very long did it

Hence why I do almost all the work to my own car, especially electrical as I seem to know more about R34 electronics than any workshop out there.

eyyyy 666DAN meet IanB hahaha....he'll pay you with many love

i hear so many problems with other peoples cars i got no idea why but my car is fine and i havent had any problems with it what so ever.. the clock has never died the air con doesent decide i want hot air ;)

i must be doing something right :)

Give us some hints

00MFG - there u go

hey i think i saw you driving down the m1 the other day. thought i might tell u that your stone guard is loose on the LHS. nice ride anyways i like your rear wing(lip). i was in a little green car trying to catch up to you. haha.

Just thought id lauigh at the LIP bit hehe!

I think I remember the little green car gunning it... I was like wtf is that d00d doing in that little G-Specer? ;)

I hit the M1 alot... its 50 KM's between here and my GF's, then 50 KM's back :(

And i do feel bad about that everyday darling :( im sorry

Just so you know :P i got bak in the car today.....AND I NO SCARED ANYMORE

You keep me going darl, the moment i get the P's........im driven to yours for 1whole year!!

dAmN man! 50km = 100km trip, you must be a rich kid, or your gf must be rich to help u with the gas.

hmmm no im not rich at the moment, and of course i help everywhere i can with gas....

hence why today i turned over a new leaf.....:D hahaha the Ian needs petrol fund!

Nah really im just going to reconsider my budget.......thankgod xmas got easier this year.....only 50 more dollars to spend on pressies and the rest is for sssaaaaaavviiinnngggsss

OH and

1. Sorry about the long a** reply, but im bored

2. Im sorry again for teasing you about not checking your fuse. :P

As steph pointed out it doesnt work again. Its blowing fuses.

If it works then it wont stop working. but every time you start the car is a throw of the dice....

Can someone recomend a place that WONT try to pull my pants down?

thanks

Ian

if its the 10a fuse blowing in the inside fuse box (the one near the steering colum) ill be betting its a shorted compressor clutch. Mr cools diagnosis may be right. if your on the northside im an auto electrican may be able to help, although there is a few days booking in advance at the moment.

Check out the Auto elec at Kedron on Gympie Rd, just past JB HiFi - same side of the road, about 20meters further north.

There's a guy there with a skyline but I can't remember his name - Adrian maybe...

Check out the Auto elec at Kedron on Gympie Rd, just past JB HiFi - same side of the road, about 20meters further north.

There's a guy there with a skyline but I can't remember his name - Adrian maybe...

Um, that would be blur above...