SAU Community

Removing Air Con

konect

Thought I would copy the removing HICAS thread with this one. Had a look at it yesterday but I cant see how I can get to the air con pump as its at the bottom. And the belt that runs the pump is in the middle of all the other belts!

Does this mean i have to take the other ones off to take the air con one off or is there an easier way?

If someone knows of a guide let me know. Thanks people.

:laugh:

Edited by konect

one of the stagea guys is/was doing the same thing i think - there are diagrams in the FAST software or something from nissan with a bolt by bolt pics of assembly or alternatively to de-assemble it

Cool might rip out the old fast software and have a look.

Are you trying to take it off so you don't damage anything so you can sell the parts or are you just removing it cleanly?

If you're removing it cleanly then out comes the wrench, bolt cutters, gloves (if you're scared) and a whole lotta bending/pulling.

If you have a frount mount that'll probably have to come out to take out the condensor etc. Don't forget to bung where the pipes go into the firewall... I just used tape (worked good).

Thought I would copy the removing HICAS thread with this one. Had a look at it yesterday but I cant see how I can get to the air con pump as its at the bottom. And the belt that runs the pump is in the middle of all the other belts!

Does this mean i have to take the other ones off to take the air con one off or is there an easier way?

If someone knows of a guide let me know. Thanks people.

:/

if you cant be bothered taking off the power steering belt to get access just cut the a/c belt, unless u are taking it off to sell... then i wouldnt cut it. also if its still gassed, and u rupture a seal it mite squirt in your eye and it will freeze your sweet sweet eye juices

if you cant be bothered taking off the power steering belt to get access just cut the a/c belt, unless u are taking it off to sell... then i wouldnt cut it. also if its still gassed, and u rupture a seal it mite squirt in your eye and it will freeze your sweet sweet eye juices

Cutting sounds like the way to go. Dont want to sell the parts, just dont want to destroy anything else in the process.