SAU Community

B&m Shifter In A Stagea

MeLKoR

Hey All,

I'm thinking about getting a B&M Ratchet shifter from my stagea, (i want to do somthing while driving but the missus cannot drive manual)

Has anyone seen one in a stagea, i'd love to see some photo's.

From looking at the info avilable on the web i think i would want a 3 speed (ie 1,2,drive) is that right?

otherwise is it posible to put the S2 trip box in a S1 anyone done that before?

How much do 2nd hand ones go for?

Thanks

Tony.

Hey All,

I'm thinking about getting a B&M Ratchet shifter from my stagea, (i want to do somthing while driving but the missus cannot drive manual)

Has anyone seen one in a stagea, i'd love to see some photo's.

From looking at the info avilable on the web i think i would want a 3 speed (ie 1,2,drive) is that right?

otherwise is it posible to put the S2 trip box in a S1 anyone done that before?

How much do 2nd hand ones go for?

Thanks

Tony.

check legalities for it first mate. gotta be able to shift more than one thing at the time. so from park to drive. cant be full manualised shifting. well thats WA laws.

aFter taking out the console the other day, I was giving this some thought myself.

I can't take the console out while it is in park..

I can't put it in any other gear without the key in the ignition...

Once the key is in the ignition, all the alarms start going "ding" (door open, seatbelt, etc etc)

Can't take the key out of the ignition until gear selector is in park....

Working in the car at a frustrating finiky job with my ignition stuck on and all these little electronic dings and beeps firing at me is NOT my idea of a good time.

Yeah i just spoke to a guy from Rocket Industries, they are the B&M suppler for Aust. and apparently none of them are road legal, so this may have to be one of those... Oh well sorta thing,

Anyone done the S2 trans into a S1... do they fit?

Is the computer to much effort?

none of the are legal but you can get them over the pits.

the ones where you pick up a little lever and slide it from park to drive are ok to go over pits. when you have to ratchet shift through all gears is not.

i think its called a mega shifter. my mate has one in his torana. has just getting it licenced now. cause the pits wont pull it back into first, they will go to Drive to test it.