SAU Community

Just Car Insurnance

pear

Can any other 34 owners (similar car and/or value) post or PM me their insurance deal.

Agreed Value, Insurance Company, premium, excess & any special conditions...

Thanks

PS, thanks for your comments so far... and remember, my original comment was to warn people about the $150 fee for the 6month option...

Shannons has choice of repairer, free windscreen every year, no hassle monthly payments of premiums (no extra charge). Shannons insure for TRUE agreed value (ie I said the value I wanted and they said yep, sure).

I've had no experience with JustCar other than obtaining a quote. Their "agreed" value was shite and they wouldn't insure my car for more than $20K (actually from memory it was around $18K).

If anyone needs help from Shannons, send a PM to Matt aka _8OO5TED_. He works for Shannons in WA and will do a good deal for SAu Members :wave:

Here's where I'm at...

R34 GTT - yr 2000, with a few minor mods

Agreed Value - $35000 - youngest driver is me 37 - Rating 1

Just Cars $1025 - $400 excess

Shannon $1208 - $500 excess

Vigil $1250 - $500 excess

Shannon & Vigil said the car MUST be garaged - no carports (lucky I have one of each)

I wasn't that impressed with either Shannon or Vigil, but that's just the person on the phone.

Now the big question...

is Shannon $200 per year better than Just Cars?

Thats odd hey dude, as I said mine was actually cheaper with shannons insured for more, and I could just use the carport, they had no problems with it. Maybe its the car? I would have thought a cef would have been more of a risk. But when all the shannons policy info comes thru read it. Its way better, WAY better.

And as Karren said, one free (as in no excess, no no claim bonus change free) bit of glass every year, cant go past that!

Thats odd hey dude, as I said mine was actually cheaper with shannons insured for more, and I could just use the carport, they had no problems with it. Maybe its the car? I would have thought a cef would have been more of a risk. But when all the shannons policy info comes thru read it. Its way better, WAY better.

And as Karren said, one free (as in no excess, no no claim bonus change free) bit of glass every year, cant go past that!

Yep, I'm thinking more and more to go that way...

As for the carport, it does depend on the car... he said all 34s would have to be garaged, which is no big deal.

Hopefully Karen's contact can help out a bit (Thanks!)

yeah each day that goes by i get more and more pissed off with justcar

they handed me a rating 1 and cheap excess per year and i thought all was good

.... until shit actually happened to my car, and it's been an utter nightmare to get these things fixed and back to pristeen condition

Well there is one thing for sure.. on a full car write off JC used to be very good with sending the cheque :P On repairs tho, the approved repairers are just shithouse... If you live on the gold coast there is one place I would definitely recommend all imports to stay the hell away from. PM me if you like the name.

I wasn't that impressed with either Shannon or Vigil, but that's just the person on the phone.

Funny that I have exactly the same treatment from shannon when I ask for a quote on an imported S15. The most wasted 15minutes of my whole life talking to some rude bugger that I was even considering giving them business to start with.

Havent checked out Vigil yet, have anyone had any experience with them on repair claims or write off claims? :dry: