SAU Community

Best Size Intercooler For 300-320awkw For Rb26?

PhilGTR

For around 300-320awkw what size interooler would be best suitable for a rb26? I understand some people say that the stock cooler is good enough but I also would like to know what else could do a better job? Looking at running aroind 1.2bar boost. Is a 600x300x85 trust cooler a good size for the power level? And I have used the search button and would like more advice :/

For around 300-320awkw what size interooler would be best suitable for a rb26? I understand some people say that the stock cooler is good enough but I also would like to know what else could do a better job? Looking at running aroind 1.2bar boost. Is a 600x300x85 trust cooler a good size for the power level? And I have used the search button and would like more advice :/

Your spot on, the factory intercooler is ample for your application.

If you did choose to upgrade, changing to the Trust cooler you mentioned above would be a waste as it isnt much larger than standard.

HKS and ARC both make excellent bolt on upgrades for GTR - ARC is about the best you can buy and would be the way to go if your budget allows it.

I've got a PWR cooler and have similar power figures to you and have no issues with it. Quality is the best you could ask for. Not sure how much bigger it is than stock, I never seen a stock cooler ;)

ARC, end of story. You can't buy a better performing cooler period.

I went from Trust to ARC of the same size and the ARC just romps away in every way. 600x300x70 380rwkw gt2530's.

From the knife edged inlet channels to the flow through design to aid radiator cooling... My car overheated before...not now. I also picked up 300rpm less lag, bolt on.

not so sure it would perform worse. ARE are one of the best cores around, and they fab very nice end tanks. PWR and plazmaman also make very nice gear of the aussie made stuff.

an ARC core for your 32 should be around the $1800 mark delivered.

why would you pay ARC money for less performance......

i'd like to see a comparison of the so called 'high flowing' japanese coolers.

like i said - i would rather support the guys in QLD instead of a massive company in Japan, if it does the same or better job.

but hey, spend your money how you like...

why would you pay ARC money for less performance......

Granted the ARC is of excellent construction but, so is the ARE. I am not privy to any back to back testing of ARC and ARE so I can't comment but, if you have no data, neither can you.

ARE have the plus that they don't have a one size fits all mentality that afflicts the jap brands.

ARE do a great deal of on-going flow bench research to get the most from the end tank design.

ARC are offering an off the shelf 'bolt on' , it has excellent build and design. The cons are limited selection of core size and end tank config. You end up with some compromises and unless you happen to fluke it with your setup it's unlikely you hit the sweet spot for overall design efficiency. You get a good improvement of course.

ARE can undertake a custom build around airflow requirements based on hitting an 'average horsepower' aiflow target. They have some tricks in endtank design they have developed to increase flow they can throw in too. Overall you get something 'aimed' at your specific application.

if your stocker is stuffed, just jap do a 100mm upgrade "bolt on" for $300 or so, they have gtr style end tanks which are quite good.

I have tried one of these, the tube and fin design looks ok however the inlet and oulets are the wrong size(3") instead of metric...

Granted the ARC is of excellent construction but, so is the ARE. I am not privy to any back to back testing of ARC and ARE so I can't comment but, if you have no data, neither can you.

ARE have the plus that they don't have a one size fits all mentality that afflicts the jap brands.

ARE do a great deal of on-going flow bench research to get the most from the end tank design.

ARC are offering an off the shelf 'bolt on' , it has excellent build and design. The cons are limited selection of core size and end tank config. You end up with some compromises and unless you happen to fluke it with your setup it's unlikely you hit the sweet spot for overall design efficiency. You get a good improvement of course.

ARE can undertake a custom build around airflow requirements based on hitting an 'average horsepower' aiflow target. They have some tricks in endtank design they have developed to increase flow they can throw in too. Overall you get something 'aimed' at your specific application.

granted, I don't have back to back ARE to ARC, however I do have Trust to ARC(of the same size core). The design of the ARC core will flow better than an ARE or any other brand I have seen of the same size core IMHO...but hey like what has be defensively stated I can't prove that. All I have gone off is the experience I have had and the design of the Patented ARC core's. Best go do the relative web site and research for yourself. For the record ARC offer full customs configurations....you have obviously not done your own research.....

As for fluking my setup style......lol, no fluke...... thats the reason people buy ARC the are tried and proven...

I feel what it comes down to....petty bickering aside.... ARE offer a product that is local and cheaper, which I believe to be similar quality to some Jap brands. ARC is definately more expensive and harder to get. In my history I have owned 36 cars most being turbo charged and intercooled....in my experience I have personally found ARC to rival all others.