SAU Community

What Sort Of Boost On R33 Gts-t?

Murry33

Hello, i have a r33 gtst with following mods:

aftermarket FMIC

3in kakimoto exhaust system with 3inch cat & 3in dump pipe.(soon to be installed)

HKS pod filter

Kind of new to the turbo side of cars so just have a few quick questions , What kind of boost would i be running with those mods usually?

As i'm thinking of installing a boost controller and setting it to 10psi (stock turbo), but maybe it's already running that ammount of boost ?

i would have to get a boost guage to find out what sort of boost i'm getting now wouldn't i, the stock boost guage in the dash only goes to 7psi right?

cheers ;):P

ahh ok thanks, that cleared a lot of things up!! So i need to look for a aftermarket turbo guage now lol, i've already ordered the turbotech boost controller so i'll check it out!

now just have to think of where to mount a boost guage below the dash somewhere....hmm

how much do they start from?, besides i bought the turbotech one from ebay, the thread on this forum suggests they are very good...? i'm only looking to set it to 10/11psi boost at the moment

hey mate, if ur gonna get the turbotech, def get a boost guage. my mate got a speco one from http://www.recklessmotorsport.com.au/ for $30 and its pretty accurate.