SAU Community

To Anyone Who Has Installed A Fuelpump In A R33

tarmac

so i installed a walbro, but when i pulled the stock pump out it was loose as on the bracket . e.g. the bracket could move around and i literally pulled it out..

so i put the walbro back in like this, but it needs to be fulled right up to even run otherwise it doesnt suck through fuel, and it looses fuel goin around corners... is there some sort of special way they need to be placed in because at the mo it aint good.

Towards the back of the tank you will see the area where the bracket is meant to hook back onto, plus if the above senario sounds rihgt try and get the pickup down as far as you can on the tank in the middle right at the back, this is the lowest point i have found on the tank especially that the fuel suck/pickup point is here for the stock pump i found that originally the bracket was just lose inside the tank, so had to mount back in its original position. Check that out and see how you go, by the sounds of it the pump is facing sideways and not low enough in the tank, hence centrifugal forces will act acordingly, hence not sucking enough fuel.

Cheers

Adam

There should be a metal plate over a plastic plate with two slots cut in it located around 10 inches below the top of the tank.The tabs of the fuel pump mounting bracket slip into those slots.And yes it is a back breaking pain in the arse.