SAU Community

How To Set Hks Actuator's

sav man

I got some HKS actuator's for my GT2530's, and I want to set them too 1 bar. i'm using a air compreser, and a boost gauge (use the gauge to ajust the compreser's pressure output) to get the presure right.

But with the accuator attached, and set on the lowest setting that keeps the wastgate closed. The wastgate dosn't seem to open much (~10mm)

I was just wondering if there is an easier way to set these, as the instructions seem to have a x mm=x psi, but i don't read japanise.

Thanks

well i set them, what i did was set the compesser to what the standard accuators are limited too (my EBC reads a max of 0.65 bar when turned off) and i saw how far the opened on the standard turbos. then i just replicated that gap on the new turbos and actuators @ 1 bar.

Thanks for your help

You need to get your hands on the manual that comes with the wastegates it tells you the length you need to set the rods at.... On my gtr from memory for the 1.2bar setting it was 150mm from the back of the wastegate bracket to the centre of hole where it hooks onto the wastegate itself....

You can adjust it by putting air into it (pressure test) and whatever the actuator opens at, that what the psi its set at. And then turn to get it at what you need it at. So i second Devils_Advocate21's post.