SAU Community

R32 Breaks

who's next

you will not be able to use any type of s13 line unless it has been modified.

possibly 32gtst (with bigger calipers) you may be able to buy in a kit

but the s13 and what you need simply have different fittings - they're ok at the chassis rail side, but into the caliper there is not banjo fitting style (s13 type). they simply bolt into the caliper/line to caliper

i will get a pic for you of mine while it is off the car...

post-9092-1169437431.jpg

post-9092-1169437442.jpg

post-9092-1169437449.jpg

Edited by huddy

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i got my 4-piston calipers off of my HCR32 Type-M and with the addition of S13 Braided lines and the parts i had i was able to fit the brakes to my A31 no problem. thats for the front only, the rear brakes go on fine with no problems.

just order the S13 braided line kit for the front and you will be fine. should be able to make it work with the parts you have.

ill take a pic of mine Wenesday...

from memory when i put r32gtst type m calipers on my a31 i didn't swap any lines at all nor did i use any adaptors or purchase any different fittings. from what i remember i just swapped the fittings from old and new calipers and cut the bolts from the banjo fittings a few mm shorter. hmm

i have not changed the brake booster as yet as the stock a31 is working fine with the 4 piston brakes, the lines were changed, what i did was that i used lines that had one male and one female fitting at the ends, and you would need 2 for each side. so far no problems and the brakes work real good. the only thing they are not steel braided lines they are the regular brake line so they are available in any parts place.

Edited by who's next

• 3 months later...

It will work, but the pedal will feel softer, and you will have to push it further. Also, I think you are required to upgrade it if you get your brake modifications mod-plated.

It's more of a personal preference, I prefer the more solid brake pedal.

My A31 had a BM38 master cylinder, I'm guessing it was 7/8" (14/16"). That combo with the R32 M-spec calipers, the brake pedal was actually getting all the way to the floor pan without locking the wheels.