SAU Community

Difference Between N1 And Jun Oil Pump

SRB

iv currently got a n1 fuel pump but after readin n hearing about a few go bust im considering the jun oil pump. are there any significant differences? ive just had a full engine rebuild and whacked on a t04z... all help is muchly appreciated.

novak

it depends if you have a wide or narrow oil pump drive on the crank and what harmonic balancer you are using, either will be fine if you have a good balancer and a crank collar. Just make sure you put loctite on the bolts that hold the pump halves together.

it depends if you have a wide or narrow oil pump drive on the crank and what harmonic balancer you are using, either will be fine if you have a good balancer and a crank collar. Just make sure you put loctite on the bolts that hold the pump halves together.

why do you put loctite on the 2 halves?

i just put my tomei pump in...

buy the Jun pump. if you have a big dollar motor they are well worth it at around $1200 or so from memory. They flow a fair whack of oil though so I think what nick is getting at is if you are going to run the jun pump, you better be running an enlarged and baffled sump, and consider other oil control mods too (oil restrictor in the head feed, and add an external drain too).

buy the Jun pump. if you have a big dollar motor they are well worth it at around $1200 or so from memory. They flow a fair whack of oil though so I think what nick is getting at is if you are going to run the jun pump, you better be running an enlarged and baffled sump, and consider other oil control mods too (oil restrictor in the head feed, and add an external drain too).

Bingo :wave:

ive got a custom larger sump with all the baffles etc its a good sump.. i hope u guys undestand where im comin from lol i jus want to take all necessary precautions to help/save my engine

well if money is no object the Tomei is adjustable (for oil pressure) but it's another $500 or so, and in my mind is money better spent elsewhere. The jun one doesn't really give any increased pressure over the N1, but it does have vastly increased flow at any given oil pressure. I think the Jun pump is a good compromise between $$$ and performance. otherwise you end up spending so much you'll wonder why you didn't spend a bit more and dry sump it.

Go the Jun/HKS/Trust oil pump route for the big dollar, high HP, big rev RB26's.

We used an N1 pump in an RB30 conversion recently and the cast gears fractured causing a complete engine failure :O:)

Most of the top shops in the east won't use the N1 pumps anymore.

Cheers

Ken