SAU Community

Mtec Bulbs

Al-R33

Hey guys,

Just wondering if anyone has had any problems with their mtec bulbs from BATMBL.. Reason I ask is I'd like to buy another set but I am a bit reluctant to after the bulbs I purhcased a while ago only lasted a couple of weeks...

Was mine a once off dud or have other people had problems also?

(r33 series 2)

Hey guys,

Just wondering if anyone has had any problems with their mtec bulbs from BATMBL.. Reason I ask is I'd like to buy another set but I am a bit reluctant to after the bulbs I purhcased a while ago only lasted a couple of weeks...

(r33 series 2)

i bought them too, lasted about 3 months, not worth it if you ask me, but you cant expect much from 20 dollar bulbs. yest there was a white R33 behind me on the tulla, it had really nice bright blue/white lights wonder what they were, they were different to any other aftermarket globes ive seen, maybe he had a HID conversion.

I had a set which lasted a few weeks then blew. Told him about it and he sent me another set under warranty which have lasted fine a few months and still going....

The H1 style bulb is alot more sensitive then normal ones, the filament is alot smaller and therefore can blow as ive been told.....

Im happy with the bulbs from BATMBL, he replaced them under warranty and his service was great! if mine blow again ill just get HID's... sounds like a dud batch?

Hey guys,

(r33 series 2)

I bought mine, didnt touch the bulb, they lasted me about 2-3 months. Im back to my stock yellow globes now.

Yeah I made sure not to touch the bulb :sweat:

Out of all the white / blue bulbs on the forum I've tried I've found the Polargs to be the most reliable.. only thing is they are white and not ricer blue.. :O

Thanks for the info...

The R Racing Sports series that I sell have proven them selves to be fantastic, I do them as a package for the R33 Series 2 (High Beam, Low Beam, Parker and Fog Lights) for $132.75 delivered. If you're interested more details can pictures can be found within the following thread:

http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/in...howtopic=127885

Noone seems to believe me so I'll say it again

Phillips. Diamond. Vision

Had them for 4 months now, no worries.

they aren't legal. the phillips blue vision are the whitest/bluest legal bulbs they make. the diamond and crystal vision don't meet adr specifications, so if you have a crash at night your insurance company can blame it on that and try to get out of paying.

i use blue vision in my r33, and gt150's in the missus pulsar. the yellower the bulb, the more light you get. the more blue, the less light they put out. just have a look in the phillips catalogue. it tells you how they compare to a standard bulb for light emitted.

i'm not 100% sure on this, but the think the bluest legal colour for a bulb (non HID) is 4000k.

and i don't think the mtec ones have been adr tested so they probably aren't legen even if they are in the legal colour spectrum.

Noone seems to believe me so I'll say it again

Phillips. Diamond. Vision

Had them for 4 months now, no worries.

I'll agree with Philips - but not the bluest ones. These are simply tinted so their light output is below the normal ones. I always had the 2nd from the yellowest - that is the lightest filter and they lasted for months and months.

My oppinion with lights in general is... the white ones as soon as it rains they are near on useless, which is when you need your lights the most. Just what I have noticed. So if your chosing these white lights because you truly feel you can see further with them in the rain, thats fine. If your doing it to look cool, and cant see bugger all in the rain. Maybe just revise your globe choice.

Any form of white light be it HID or whatever is shit in the rain.. I had MTEC's in my car for a while, great in the dry but in the wet quite dangerous. Same with the HID's in my dad's accord euro, great in the dry, wet theyre crap. I went back to my standard globes, although I do miss the white look :\

Yes they are, there have been a few group buys on these forum's selling HID kits for all skylines.

Awesome, had no idea to be honest

Might have a look for the threads now

Cheers